exercise/food question

jastypes
on 6/6/12 12:53 am - Croydon, PA
this probably seems like a stupid question, but it threw me this week.

I work from 9-5.  I get home around 6 pm, and I want to take a Zumba class from 7-8.

Normally, I eat dinner around 6:30-7.  So, Monday, I wanted to eat something before class, but not too much because I didn't want to eat and then bounce around.  I did have a sandwich.  I did the class and then felt FAMISHED!!!  I don't think I've ever been so hungry since surgery.  I ate another meal -- and felt enormously guilty.

Suggestions for next week?

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 6/6/12 1:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I would say, try putting you afternoon snack off until later on that day or maybe have half a banana or something that will hold you over.  When I had a PT, she said, a good carb along with a little protein (like half a banana and peanut butter) an hour before working out is good; and plan your dinner for afterwards. . .  as we should have protein within an hour after working out, particularly when doing weights. 

Oh and make sure you've had a good amount of water, especially doing a Zumba class. . . 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

alexanw1
on 6/6/12 1:22 am - Morrisville, PA
Try something with a little protein and some fluids about 45 min. before class and some more fluids right after class. Since you are going home to eat dinner the liquids should hold you.
alexanw1        
jackie M.
on 6/8/12 2:54 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 I injured my left knee 4 wks ago.  I am in a leg brace.  HOW do I exercise when I have to keep my left leg immobilized??  Since I injured my knee, I have gaine back 4 lbs which is a major bummer for me. 

Anyone have any solutions???

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views