Zumba

jastypes
on 6/4/12 2:49 am - Croydon, PA
I thoroughly enjoyed the Zumba demonstration on Saturday morning at Barix.  I forgot how much fun it is to dance/work out.  It's been way too long since I've done anything like that.  I'm going to the class tonight.  I was excited to find out that the instructor is also a post-WLS patient.  I mentioned to my children how much fun I had, and that I did not hurt afterwards, but, of course, it was a demonstration and not a full hour class.  My daughter asked me to show her some of the moves.  That's when I realized that I must have worked out my arms some, at least, because when I duplicated some of those moves, I could definitely feel the pull in my biceps and triceps muscles. 

Thank you to Barix for allowing this demonstration to happen.  It truly inspired me. 

What's next???

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 6/4/12 7:36 am
Love the music of Zumba - so energizing! I generally feel it in my knees, but recover pretty well. And it makes you sweat like crazy!
Patricia R.
on 6/4/12 9:13 am - Perry, MI
There is a zumba class at my church twice a week.  Tuesday and Thursday.  I think they ask for a $5 fee each night.  I have heard the music playing when my Bible study ran late.  It's pretty energizing.

Enjoy.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 6/5/12 12:30 am - Croydon, PA
I was thinking of looking for a Thursday night Zumba class.  Which church is it?

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Patricia R.
on 6/5/12 12:37 am - Perry, MI
 It is A Church of Living Hope, on Maple Avenue in Langhorne.  It's right near the Wood School main entrance, near the Route 1 exit for Maple Ave.  I'd call and double check to make sure they are still meeting.  215-757-8782
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 6/4/12 9:39 am
Jill,

I LOVE Zumba!! It is like dancing....I actually have Zumba for the Wii system and I really need to do it more than I do! It did feel GREAT to do it!!

I am so happy that it inspired you!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Arlene E.
on 6/4/12 10:19 am - Philadelphia, PA

I'm so glad you liked Zumba.  It is my favorite form of cardio.

If you go on zumba.com and put in your zip you will find so many classes in the area.  It will also tell you the cost.  Each instructor has their own routine.  I love the music.

Enjoy!

arlene 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views