Thursday Roll Call

bvohl
on 5/23/12 11:43 pm
 Good Morning PA!!

I am sitting here watching a class since the other teacher was pulled away for something else. I am so looking forward to this weekend!  We have some fun things planned along with some relaxation time! 

I was talking to some really great friends last night and I realized that I am very lucky to have the friends that I do. They are some of the best people in the world. I was talking to one friend that I haven't talked to in some time. She checked in with me and told me that she was thinking of me. Now, that is a friend, although I haven't spoken to her she reached out to me to see how I was...

Many of us have been questioning what a friend is. I think a friend is many things, even though you don't see them or talk to them everyday, they still are on your mind and vice versa. 

Have a great Thursday!!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 5/23/12 11:52 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning,
I am back to not sleeping much.  I hope to get a handle on it when I talk to my psychiatrist next week.  

Today, I have to go to the store and pick up some corn on the cob, then to RiteAid to get a prescription.  Then, get home and get my dining room table cleared off from when I came home from Michigan, and just dumped stuff on it.

My very exciting life.  Boring!

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 5/24/12 12:30 am, edited 5/24/12 12:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Beth,

Glad you have some fun things planned for the weekend. . .  I, too, am looking forward to spending time with a friend I made in my workplace, depending on the weather, will determine what we do and where we go, as well as seeing other friends and then there will be some Tony and me time, hoping to make some progress cleaning out my basement, though to be honest that is low priority. . .

As for good friends, well, I have a couple of girlfriends that I've been friends with, one for about 25 years, the other 37 years and we can go months without talking, sometimes longer without seeing one another, but when we pick up the phone or see one another, it is as though no time passed and when the chips are down, or exciting things happen, we share them with one another and once in a great while, we give each other a swift kick in the rear if need be. . .  my friends are people I know that I can count on and I continuously am open to making new ones, some of which have been made as a result of this life path we're on.

Today is just another work day, however, I am having lunch with a new friend I made from attending local AA meetings in this area that I work in.

Hoping everyone has a great day!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 5/24/12 1:03 am
Home sick today with a nasty UTI. I had to leave work early yesterday and go to an urgent care - got my prescriptions and am drinking enough fluids to carry me away.

Tomorrow I work and then fly to PA to spend a week with Mike. I will be packing up the house and finding him a short term rental. (Complicated story, all tied to his work obligations.) The sooner he can be in FL the better, believe me! His sister is coming to stay with us for the week to, to help me. She is a real organizer and will be a huge help.

So for now....pass the water bottle, please!

Laureen S.
on 5/24/12 1:36 am - Maple Shade, NJ
A week, shucks, thought you might be able to stay long enough to pop in on your old Barix buddies. . . I do believe Beth is celebrating her surgiversary on June 2nd. . .  either way, have a safe travel day and I'd say enjoy packing, but while on some levels it's good, on others, I remember it feeling like I was never going to be done. . .  how is it that unpacking is not as tedious?  (lol)

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 5/24/12 3:48 am
 Laureen, 

My actual surgiversary is on June 3, but I will be celebrating it on our first Saturday meeting!

Thanks for remembering....

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views