Positivity Thread

Laureen S.
on 5/22/12 8:19 pm, edited 5/22/12 10:31 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
As Lisa said yesterday in her post to roll call, she want's to take a more positive tack and I think ultimately that is where we all want to be. . .

5 years ago when I began this journey towards healthier living, it was to me going to effect a more positive lifestyle, one that due to being weighed down, literally and figuratively, I was not living fully. I choose this lifepath as a way to further a path I had begun 20 years earlier when I began recovering from my other addictions, for anyone unfamiliar with the 12 Step Programs, AA being the Mother fellowship, the whole philosphy behind AA is about changing our attitudes towards daily living, one step at a time, recognizing that how we lived did not work for us, being willing to take stock of those things we did prior to getting "sober", taking stock and responsibility for my actions, and being willing to continuously work towards effecting a personality change in ourselves and what that means to me, is who I was did not work very well within society, so I need to cultivate what gifts I possess, so that I can share them with others and hopefully become a purposeful member of society. This has been a very positive lifestyle for me and so it enabled me to realize that facing the challenges that made me become obese were not going to be easy, but that it could be done a day at a time and that I need to change my perspectives and look for the positive in each situation. It is a learned thing that over time becomes 2nd nature, if I stay connected to other positive people, because for me, to not do that, I ultimately slip back to the person I used to be.

So tell me some positives that are working in your life today? Or some you hope that you can incorporate?

Have a wonderful day, remember, very often it is a choice!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 5/22/12 9:40 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Laureen... 

Today's positive choice will be to get all my water in.  I am still struggling with my eating/drinking because I have not put myself first.  

I will work on my water today.  I plan to get in at least 64 ounces of non-caffeinated liquids.  I'll start that right after I finish my second cup of coffee.. I know I should be drinking more than 64 oz of non-caffeinated liquids to make up for the coffee, but I haven't even been doing 64, so that's where I'll start. 

My tracker

hers 

bethmal
on 5/22/12 10:25 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
My positive I am working on today is sticking to my meal plan.  I have been doing great since Monday but I fight demons every minute!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

bvohl
on 5/22/12 11:14 pm
 My positive choice today is to think positively about my journey. Although many people have come and gone during this journey, I feel that there was a reason why they came into my life. Some for the better and some to make me be true to myself and my beliefs. 

I am hoping  and praying that this board can get back to the positive supportive place that it should be!

Have a great day and stay positive!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 5/22/12 11:53 pm - Perry, MI
 My therapist has been encouraging me to meditate, using a method called Mindfulness Meditation.  I have an app on my phone to guide me through the meditations.  I have been inconsistent in doing this, but am committing to ten minutes of it today.

I also have been inconsistent in reading my devotionals, which are based on Scripture.  I love the author of these devotionals, and they are totally Spiritual growth oriented.  Like in all of my healthy behaviors, I take a while to develop consistency in practicing them daily.

Like you said in your post, Laureen, recovery is more than physical sobriety in AA.  It also is emotional maturity, as well as Spiritual growth.  My surgery was a step toward physical weight loss, but in order to reach and maintain goal, I must develop the emotional maturiy required to stop the emotional eating.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 5/22/12 11:53 pm - Croydon, PA
I had my time of prayer and meditation on the train this morning.  I left Bill a love note on his pillow telling him how I am no longer lonely in life because I have learned to trust him and share my thoughts and feelings, which was REALLY difficult for me in the past.  I have a plan for today that includes healthy eating, exercise, getting my nails done, and attending an AA meeting.  Told my kids I love them this morning, and connected with a couple of friends via e-mail (thanks, Laureen).

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 5/23/12 2:52 am
My positive is that I took a 5 mile bike ride! I hadn't been on a bike in YEARS (like...maybe 10 years or so?) but went out with a friend this morning.

LOTS of positives in this new life....I may pop back in tonight after work and add to the list.
jackie M.
on 5/24/12 7:07 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 My positive is continuing to eat healthy and move my body.

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views