Thrilling Thursday Roll Call

Arlene E.
on 5/20/12 9:56 am - Philadelphia, PA

Lisa

I applaud you for your courage to applologize and acknowledge your poor judgement. It is pretty upsetting to me when I see this forum being used for something other than support for each other.  I want to make it clear that I am not siding with one group over another. I just need to say that I do not understand why anyone would put hurtful things on a public forum, especially one in which there are so many of us who have had to deal with so many hurts in our lives.

It is my hope that the "ugliness" that has occurred not only on this forum but in support group relationships can come to an end. We should all be above that at this point in our lives. Yes I know I am older than most, but come on, we can be better than all this pettiness.  What it says to me is that we need to work on the emotional aspects of this journey as well as the weight loss and maintenance.  

Laureen S.
on 5/21/12 1:44 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Ditto to what Arlene said. . . none of us are perfect, but this "mean girl" mentality has gone on for too long and perhaps to add to what Arlene said, about her being one of the older folks here, I, too, am too old to watch some people feel like outsiders within what is supposed to be a supportive environment.  This is not the first time it has happened and likely won't be the last, but someone once said. . .  stand for something or fall for anything and I stand on the side of treating others the way I want to be treated, which is with respect and kindness, most especially since we have all felt the sting of ostracization at one point or another in our lives...  I get it that everyone does not like, nor do they have to, one another, but respect and compassion is really something we can all practice more of. . .

To repeat another Maja Angelou quote. . .  "when you know better, you do better"  . . .  at least we can hope that is the case. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Maura M.
on 5/20/12 11:43 am - Yardley, PA
hurtful words are many times born from hurt, not a true desire to be mean.  Have you ever said something that is not "normal" for you to do or say because you are hurt?  just offering perspective.
Maura

Nicole0216
on 5/21/12 1:12 am - Lancaster, PA

true but a sincere apology can go a long way

kathleenpa
on 5/22/12 5:10 pm - Bucks County, PA
Wow. Haven't been on this site in a long time- intentionally. I myself was bullied by a person just because they decided they didn't like me. And you know who you are. This type of bullying goes on by who all the self righteous individuals consider their peers. Unreal that Susan b can express such negativity and quite frankly treat others like **** Really this board has become childish and nothing I care to be a part of. But consider who the real, original bullies are. There was negativity long before Steffi. Sorry to have succeeded on the way toy goals. Apparently that is an issue for many of you. I won't apologize or even offer advice or support because, quite frankly, as long as insincere people like them are here this means nothing to me. Way beyond my goal and doing great. Largely because I backed away from this board and the "mean girls" who attempted to bring me down. Best of luck to all of you. Hopefully you will realize this is not a social forum but a wls support board. Hope some of you eventually can accomplish your wls goals. Too bad you don't bother looking to those who have done that and maintained. People like the bully I mentioned earlier will do nothing but try to feed you lies about others to make yourself look good. Is that what you really want or do you actually want success on this wls journey?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views