Laureen S.
on 5/16/12 10:34 pm, edited 5/17/12 10:37 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
B: Bialy w/1 slice melted pepper jack and 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese

S: Yogurt

L: Chicken Ceasar salad and small piece of pizza

S: Fennel with laughing cow

D: Steak leftover from the other night's dinner and brocolli

S: Peach

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 5/17/12 12:06 am - Croydon, PA
I have been seriously off the beam here, and induling in my favorite pasttime -- torturing myself.  My weight is fluctuating, now on a down trend.  I lost my mind with food for a while when my daughter went into the hospital for gallbladder surgery.  I totally used that as an excuse to eat out, not cook, eat fast food, and make generally unhealthy choices.

This roller coaster ride SUCKS!!!!!

1 - 2 ham/cheese omelet, 1/2 bagel with cream cheese
2 - Lean Cuisine, strawberries, SF pudding
3 - ham/turkey/cheese on toast with veggies
4 - SF ice cream

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 5/17/12 12:11 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jill,

Stop beating up on yourself. . .  and I eat out a lot, I make healthy choices and eat only the portion size I am supposed to (when on the beam (lol)).. .

Think in terms of "no matter what, there are no real excuses". . .  we do what we do because we want to, when we want to do the right thing more often than not, we can be relieved of that terrible useless chatter that tells us we are _______ __________ _________ fill in the blanks. . .  change the negative to positive and just keep on doing what you need to.  You're right where you're supposed to be, your successing more than you give yourself credit for.. .

Best wishes for a day of peace. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

bethmal
on 5/17/12 12:53 am
RNY on 12/26/17
Laureen - I love your words of self praise and looking at the positive instead of the negative.  It is always so easy to beat yourself up... giving yourself credit for what you do right isn't always easy.  Thank you :)

B:  Quaker Oats Simple Medley with berries
L: ham and cheese, turkey and cheese rollups, carrots and hummus
D:  I am thinking of fish quesadillas... maybe not sure yet

vitamin:  done
water:  at least 100 oz.
exercise:  not sure my plantars faciitis is roaring its ugly head today

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Laureen S.
on 5/17/12 1:47 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thank you for your kind words Beth!

Plantars facitis is awful, I've had my bouts with it, last time it roared it's ugly head, I put an ace bandage around that foot/ankle and did what I needed to, because I was just so tired of not going to the gym and watching the scale numbers move in the wrong direction.  Because of my age, there is very little wiggle room, without exercise, I can only consume 1000 calories a day and while my intake is seldom more than 1400/1500 range, I feel like I'm being starved if I go below that (lol). . .

For any newbies out there that might be reading this comment, do not worry about calories and what I speak of, you have your programs follow them. . .

Beth you seem to be doing well, have a great day!

Take care, Laureen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views