Saturday at Barix

Arlene E.
on 5/5/12 7:07 am - Philadelphia, PA

To those who joined us today at Barix, thanks for coming out and being an important part of our support group. I welcome our new group leaders. Each one of us is valuable to the continued success of this group. I am always thrilled to see new people join us, whether they are new wls patients or return patients who may be struggling or just want to reconnect.  

Today we got to share wow moments.  We sometimes get caught up in the struggles and the distractions of this journey so it is critical to remember where we were and what we have accomplished. There are many many obese people out there who for one reason or another do not take the steps needed for change. So I applaud all of us who have the self awareness and courage to make a difference in your life and in turn let others know that long term success can be achieved. No matter what all the studies say about long term success, we can all prove that we can achieve a lifetime of maintainable weight and good health!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Arlene 

bvohl
on 5/6/12 3:32 am
Arlene,

You are so right! Support is KEY to long term success in this journey! I don't think I could have done as well as I did without it!!

Thanks so much!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Andy Kovatch
on 5/6/12 4:45 am - York, PA
I'm making the next meeting NO MATTER WHAT!  It's been way too long and I've decided enough is enough.  I can't wait to see and talk to any/all of the old timers and to get to meet some of the newbies.  I'm no different than anybody else looking for help.  Can't wait!

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Laureen S.
on 5/6/12 10:27 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Andy,

Next meeting is Wednesday, May 16th, would love to see you there. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

cleos_mom
on 5/7/12 1:21 am - phila., PA
 Good for u Andy, would love to see u
Arlene E.
on 5/7/12 8:04 am - Philadelphia, PA

Please do join us!  

jastypes
on 5/7/12 12:41 am - Croydon, PA
Coming back to support was key to my getting back on track.  I appreciate all the people who attend and hope to be able to pay it forward as we go.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views