Wednesday - Whatcha Eating Today?

Laureen S.
on 4/24/12 10:58 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
4.5 years post-op. . .  scale is not going in a good direction, got to get my butt back in the gym and I am going to start elminating certain foods and perhaps a snack and see what happens, problem is, if I don't eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, my blood surgars drop terribly, but I'll see. . .

B:  1/2 slice of french toast and eggbeater omlet made with spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers and reduced fat feta (all together about 1 cup of food)

S:  Strawberry/banana yogurt

L:  Turkey Chili w/l/f cheddar (1 cup)

S:  Piece of l/f cheddar and 1/2 banana (eating this snack because I have a haircut after work, so I won't be having dinner until probably close to 7 p.m., which will put me at way more than 3 hours, if I forego this snack. . .

D:  Calves liver and onions with romaine lettuce, tomato, blue cheese crumbles and ken's free dressing.

S:  Skipping this one

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jackie M.
on 4/24/12 11:14 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 Not sure what I am going to eat today....  I don't have an appetite.

IF I do eat something, it will prob be baked chicken breast and some raw baby carrots.

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Laureen S.
on 4/25/12 12:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
U need to eat to lose weight. . .  small bit of protein (even if it is only a string cheese), veggie, fruit. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

jackie M.
on 4/25/12 12:28 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 just haven't been hungry....

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Sara E.
on 4/24/12 11:59 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
B             = Slimfast Low Carb & 1/2 banana
Snack    = SF Hot Chocolate
L             =3 oz ham
Snack    = Special K PB Protein Bar
D             =  maybe an egg
Snack     = weigh****chers string cheese

Not eating much, exercising each day & not losing....a bit depressing.
Oh well, at least I am not gaining either :)

-Sara

Laureen S.
on 4/25/12 1:49 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Sara,

Looking at your meal plan, it seems to me you are not getting enough calories and when we don't get enough, it puts our bodies into starvation mode and our body holds onto what it's got and especially if you are exercising and burning calories over what a normal day would be. . .  Not sure what you've been told regarding the maintenance phase of things, but there is a formula in terms of height, weight, lifestyle that will tell you how many calories you need. . .  for example, for me in terms of losing, I should be having between 1000 and 1200 calories a day, depending on my activity level, to maintain, it is, between 1500 to 1700.  Now this formula is pretty much based on height, weight, age and lifestyle. . .  so perhaps you need to reach out to the nutritionist at the place you had surgery to get the right formular for yourself. 

Laureen

Sara E.
on 4/25/12 4:25 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
B = Slimfast Low Carb & 1/2 banana                          220 calories
Snack = SF Hot Chocolate                                             120 calories
L =3 oz ham                                                                      150 calories
Snack = Special K PB Protein Bar                               180 calories
D = maybe an egg  (2)                                                   108 calories
Snack = weigh****chers string cheese                       50 calories
Snack = Special K Protein Bar                                      180 calories

TOITAL 1008 calories for the day

I am to have 800-1100/ day.

jastypes
on 4/25/12 12:31 am - Croydon, PA
I eat by the clock, hungry or not.  I have blood sugar issues and I know that restricting food leads to not losing weight and binging later on.

1 - 2 small sausage links, 1 egg, english muffin
2 - banana
3 - not sure.  we are having an administrative assistant's day luncheon.  I'll look for healthy choices, maybe 1/2 a sandwich and salad.
4 - fruit
5 - 3 oz chicken, 1/2 c. noodles, 1/2 c. broccoli
6 - SF ice cream

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

jojomoe523
on 4/25/12 2:19 am - PA
protein drink, mint cookie, yummmm

beef jerky and string cheese.

cottage cheese. gonna try and choke down a half cup maybe less, probably less.

not sure about the rest of the day....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views