Green Tea question

IdaMae D.
on 4/24/12 6:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello All;
I have a question about green tea.  A friend at work has had RnY about 4 months ago.  Another woman at work who had the surgery 3-4 yrs ago flipped out on him telling him he cannot drink green tea.  Has anyone else heard this, my surgeon did not tell me that green tea was off limits, only green tea with caffenine was off limits...
Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 4/24/12 10:59 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Ida, Never heard of this, might wanna call your surgeon's office and ask about that. . .  I will ask the nutritionist at Barix next Saturday what she thinks about it.  I do know that we have to be wary of things that have caffenine, but otherwise, not sure. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 4/25/12 7:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
M nutritionist is stumped, she said to drink decaf green tea.  Prior to surgery I drank decaf all the time.  I have hardly changed anything that I did prior to surgery since I was already following the rules with Gene and most of them are the same as for us folks with diabetes..  My friend was drinking decaf so we can't figure out the other woman freaking out about it.  Let me know what your nutritionist says.

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 4/25/12 8:52 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Ida, I think the young woman was confused, maybe had her info wrong, because I'm pretty sure we've discussed decaf teas and they are ok, but as I said, I will ask Barbara or Elena as soon as I see either one of them and I will come back with their answer. . .

Have a great day!

L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views