A bad combination

lynnc99
on 4/23/12 7:43 am
Whew! Home early from work today due to..well, not sure what to call it! But I think it was self inflicted!

Yesterday I ate too many carbs. Without getting into TMI, I usually realize this the next day as my system wants to "cleanse" itself, shall we say.

So that was going on....but I went off to work anyway. I was hungry by noon, but had just a short time to eat my lunch/snack. So I sort of scarfed down a baby bel cheese, light and fit yogurt, and about half an apple.

It hit me about a half hour later....what some might call the "foamies" but I call just feeling like I could be sick. Was it the amount of sugar between the apple and the yogurt? Did I eat too fast? Was my body still rebelling against the carbs

Whatever! I should know better, I guess.
Laureen S.
on 4/23/12 10:10 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Awww. . .  Lynn, whenever I got the foamies it was either from food that did not sit in my pouch well or not chewing my food well, eating too fast. . .  hope your episode is passed and you don't have another episode anytime soon . .  whenever I eat too many carbs, I have similar issues.  The wonders of a rerouted body. . .

Have a good one, glad to see you!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 4/23/12 1:16 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Lynn,
I don't get the foamies.  I get the dry heaves, and it scares me.  It happened on Saturday in my daughter's car as we went home from a lovely dinner with my granddaughter and her other grandmother.  It sounded horrible, and my daughter offered to have her husband pull over to the side of the road but I have never actually vomited since my surgery.  What helps me calm my pouch down is sipping diet Coke.  It might be psychological.  When I was a little girl, and had an upset stomach, my Mom would give me Coke syrup on ice.  Now, sipping some diet Coke calms me down.

This usually happens if I eat fast, or something does not sit right.  I think this episode occurred because I may have overeaten, and then rushed a cup of decaf coffee in the car.  Everything wanted to come back up.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Gail M.
on 4/24/12 11:07 am - Scranton, PA
Trish I get no side effects at all.  Kind of wish I would!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views