Weekend - Watcha Eating Thread

Laureen S.
on 4/21/12 12:11 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
My day began before 6 a.m. and it was go, go, go. . .

B:  1/2 bagel with whitefish and half a banana

S:  1/2 bagel with lox

L:  3/4 cup of w/w pasta with cheese and some beef jerky

S:  dates and nuts

D:  mussels made with can of petite tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms

S:  Skinny cow bar

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

musicaldonna
on 4/22/12 2:45 am - PA
Hey Laureen,

Here's what's happening food wise for me today:

B - oatmeal w/blueberries

S - string cheese and some trail mix

L - turkey chili w/ 3 coco pops

S - apple and string cheese

D - 1 serving of Celentano eggplant parm w/ extra low fat mozzarella

S -  sugar free ice pop
jastypes
on 4/22/12 1:12 pm - Croydon, PA
It's Sunday night and I did not have a weekend plan and didn't eat on any type of plan.  So now I get to beat myself up again, get back on track tomorrow and undo the damage done.  I had this twist of thinking that said, If I maintain my weight, what difference does it matter what or how I'm eating.  I know that's my "disease" talking.  Sane brain knows that having a plan is an important tool for my continued successing.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 4/22/12 11:27 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Jill,

Maintaing our weight is what we ultimately want to do, however, if we are justifying that after a significant weight gain, that is justification and that is our "disease" talking.  I can only speak of my experience and so if you look at the choices I made, they were not all good ones, but in my weekend, I planned to live a little off what I know are better choices and in so doing that, it gave me a tool, the tool was choosing and not bringing home goobs of stuff I know does not belong in my house.  My boyfriend asked when we were in the Termines line what I wanted, I told him and he asked me if that was all I wanted and I said, no, I want everything here, but I will only have what I asked for and thanked him.  That is "succesing" to me.

For me having a plan and mostly sticking to it, or within the parameters of what I know are good choices is the difference today.  I, and as I stated earlier, can only speak of my own personal journey, feel that flexibility within knowing what is making right choices for me, is progress today.

Have a great day and please don't beat yourself up, ask instead are you progressing and I think the answer will surprise you. . .  look at the big picture. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Laureen S.
on 4/22/12 1:36 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
4.5 years post-op, was not really on plan today, but I do not feel badly about my choices, as I did not overeat and in a way planned by making mostly good choices. . . I will not beat up on myself for living life, what I need to do, for me, is live within what I know to be better choices more often than not. . .  I did not bring home extra cannoli's and b/f was like do you want this or that and I said, I want it all, but I will choose the one thing and that is all I will have. . . 

B:  Multigrain pancake, one egg and turkey sausage pattie

S:  None

L: 1/2 pastrami sandwich with pickles

S:  Ricotta filled cannoli (Not a great choice, but it's about honesty here and b/f and I went to Reading Termial Market today)

D:  leftover mussels from last night

S:  Klondike bar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views