Surgery Monday--what to expect

Amy R.
on 4/22/12 10:13 am - camp hill, PA
Good luck Donna! Will say a prayer for you also!
Laureen S.
on 4/22/12 11:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Amy,

I was not on here much this past weekend, so by the time you read this you will be a post-op recovering from surgery. . .  I wish you a good transisition from old to new you, follow the instructions given to you and you will do fine.  If you find yourself having "buyers remorse" know that some people do, but most within weeks are feeling wonderful and glad to be experiencing the WOW moments.  If you haven't already done so, when you get home, take your measurements and a side profile and full frontal picture and do so monthly because often on this journey the scale doesn't paint the whole picture, while measurements and photos show what we often cannot see otherwise. 

Come back and share your special moments, whatever they are, because we here will truly understand and champion your successing as you transverse this sometimes wacky road of post-WLS living.  If possible, find a local support group and attend it regularly, it will aid you as you progress on this journey.

I wish you health and a fully enriched life, living as you've dreamed trapped in the "fat suit" we wore prior to WLS.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Amy R.
on 4/27/12 11:01 am - camp hill, PA
Hi all!
I had surgery Monday, got home Tuesday evening.  All went well...and I met my first goal.  I wanted to be under 300 for surgery and i was 299.8!  lol.  You all were right...the gas pain is incredible.  I told my parents when i got to see them that I thought I had made a terrible mistake!  But once I got up and moving around I felt better.  I've had very little nausea or difficulty w food.  I am not hungry which makes the liquid way easier 'this side' of surgery.  And the IsoPure has been a God send!  I sip on one all day.  My family is amazed at the energy I have...and are telling me to go sit or lie down.  Mornings are my best time...I get tired in the afternoons and do take it easy.  I've been surprised that cooking for others and watching them eat while I sip is not a problem for me.  That may change, but right now, it's not bothering me at all.

Hope everyone else is doing good!  Thanks for all the positive thoughts and well wishes!
~Amy

proudmama13
on 4/27/12 9:25 pm - Bristol, PA
YAAAAY!  I've been thinking about you!  So glad you are doing well:)  Keep up the great work!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views