Tuesday - Watcha Eating Today?

Laureen S.
on 4/16/12 10:52 pm, edited 4/17/12 10:23 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

4.5 years post-op and this is what's on my plan today, I shall come back to edit (see buttons below) if I make changes along the way:

B:  Turkey Chili w/l/f cheddar

S:  Strawberries and banana w/piece of cheese

L:  Change in plans, lunch with a co-worker at our local Mexian restaurant:  Fiesta Salad, chicken, lettuce tomato, beans, guacamole, sour cream in a tortilla (ate most of the chicken, beans and some of the lettuce and other stuff, had a small piece of the tortilla shell, which I used to eat all of. . . 

S:  small piece of birthday cake celebrating one of my co-workers birthday, scraped off most of the icing and I will not feel guilty about it, it is what it is and compared to the past, it was nothing, nor did I want more of it, sugary stuff still gives me a hangover feeling, so I don't overdo it

D:  Sushi

S:  None

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 4/16/12 11:39 pm - Croydon, PA
I realize that having a plan is an important tool for me, but lately I've found that what I am eating seriously deviates from that plan.  I like it better when I am eating exactly what is on my plan.  Just putting it out there.

1 - 1 egg, bacon, 1 oz bagel
2 -
3 - 2 oz chicken on 1 oz toast with 1 c. salad
4 -
5 - 3 oz fish, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes, 1/2 c. mixed veggies
6 SF pudding

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 4/16/12 11:48 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
I find that during the work week, I stay on plan more often, perhaps it is because I pack up my food and bring it to work and so I can mostly stick with it.  This morning I choose to eat something that is not ordinarily breakfast fare, but I needed to shake it up and didn't want eggs, cheese, cereal or any of the stuff I ordinarly eat and I remember how Nan says that sometimes we need to shake things up in order to continue successing.  One of my challenges are that very often there are foods around the office which are not in my plan and that is why I have to have a plan and incorporate into that plan some items I can choose that give me some satisfaction, when other foods are present.  That helps me avoid more of the things which I should not be eating or at the very least or at the least make a choice that is more in line with what I know to be appropriate.  My weekends can be challenging, because I am on the go more, but generally speaking I still make more of the right choices than not.  My biggest issue is that with the physical pain I have been experiencing, I've totally lost my exercise motivation.  Ultimately, I think it is more about trying to make more right choices then not and having a plan helps in that regard.

Your thoughts?

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

musicaldonna
on 4/17/12 1:53 am - PA
Here's what I have eaten so far and plan to eat the rest of the day.

B - string cheese and an apple

S - 2 packets of oatmeal w/blueberries

L - Stouffer's Veggie Lasagna

S - 3 peanut butter crackers and a banana

D -  2 sections of chicken and cheese quessadilla with a lot of the tortilla pulled off

S  -  the rest of the quesadilla

Am drinking my water and will put in 2 sugar free popsicles during the day.
jojomoe523
on 4/17/12 4:38 am, edited 4/17/12 5:42 am - PA
B. protein coffee

l. 1/2 cup cottage cheese with half peach fruit cup

d. ny. strip 2.5 oz with shredded cheese.

not really hungry today. things could change when i get home though. i have no snacks at work today and i am here till 5:30.

had an ounce of beef jerky....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views