Six Month Update and Calcium Product Find

Junomom1
on 4/12/12 8:52 am, edited 4/12/12 8:59 am - PA
 Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted in quite a while, but happily, all has been well!  
I have lost 70 pounds since my Oct. 26 surgery and at my 6 month follow-up I had a clean bill of health.

I am so grateful that this surgery has been such a wonderful tool in my journey to better health. One of my minor problems has been a low vitamin D level, which I know some of you also probably share. So I wanted to share a new product that I just discovered through Elena, one of the Barix dietitians. The product is Wellesse liquid calcium citrate with vitamin D.
I really had difficulty with those huge chalky calcium tablets, but this liquid calcium citrate is actually good tasting!  
I found it at Giant, but I hear it may also be sold at Walgreens or Wal-Mart. It works for me. I hope it works for you!
Just wanted to send a shout-out to Kelly R. who just had her surgery and who was in my pre-op group last fall. Congrats, Kelly! You had a long wait, but you made it! All the best!

Continued good health to everyone I have met through the Barix Connection!

Marianne  (Junomom1)

Sara E.
on 4/12/12 1:57 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I take Calcet creamy bites. I order them online from BJs bariatrics. I love the lemon ones. I take 3 a day. They are like little yummy lemon chewy candies. They have calcium citrate and Vit D in them. 

-Sara

Laureen S.
on 4/12/12 8:40 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Marianne,

Thanksfor the check-in and sharing your find, as well as your wonderful loss thusfar.  You're doing an amazing job at "successing", hope to see you soon.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views