Woo Hoo Wednesday Roll Call

lynnc99
on 4/4/12 12:09 am
Wake up everybody! It's Wednesday!

I am working 12-9 today, but have to run a couple of errands on the way to work. My glasses need to be tightened up a nudge so will stop at the optical place for that...then a very full day ahead no doubt. I also want to swing by CVS for some things that are on sale and use my extra bucks coupons on top of the sale prices.

Yesterday was a day off for me, and as usual my list of things to do was longer than the day. I did spend some great time reading, though. Has anyone read Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver? Great read about the value of eating locally produced food. It made me want to cook, so I ran to TJ's for some organic chicken and hope to put it in tomorrow. I actually find myself wanting a crock pot for FL...but I have a great pot to use on top of the stove, so will try to cook when I am home a bit more and delay the crockpot purchase.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I am also doing some blogging for a realtor in FL. Here is a link to my latest (which is like ghost writing, but writing none the less, and I do get paid for it!)

http://tinyurl.com/co34z2r

I also started the book "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed.

Food wise I have had a couple of very good days. I have invested in some wild salmon, good veggies, and have tapered back on the diet soda, and am feeling very "cleansed" today!

Wishing you all a day of happiness and kindness in your worlds!
bvohl
on 4/4/12 1:14 am
 GM Lynn and PA!

Great to see you posting!! When are you going to FL again?? It would be nice if  we could get together beforehand....

Today is one day closer to my spring break! One more day tomorrow then off for ten glorious days!!!!
Third graders are on a trip today so I will have an extra period to myself!!! Work til 3:30, pick up the girls and take them to Hebrew school. Then I have a much needed chiropractic appointment. I may just pick up something for dinner on the way home. 

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 4/4/12 1:18 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lynn,

Sounds like your life in Florida is full and lots of good stuff happening, though I know you are trying to get used to the change in your income some, it will all work out. . .  Crockpots are the best, you can find them onsale sometimes for as cheap as $15, and I love my small electronic cooking things when the weather gets too warm to cook on top of the stove.

My day is about work, a noon AA meeting, possibly meeting up with a friend for a little while after work and then home to relax some before heading to bed.

I guess everyone is busy today, unusual that there was no Roll Call earlier. . .  but glad to see you pick it up. . .

Be well, have a great day and I wish a good day for all!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 4/4/12 3:11 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Life has been very busy at home & work for me.  Caleb is doing track so I have to pick him up from practice M-F at 6.  And I am also busy planning his Eagle Court of Honor ceremony.  If any of you will be in Central PA on Sunday May 27th & need something to do in the afternoon...let me know :)  The day after his ceremony is Memorial Day and the Boalsburg Memorial Day Celebration with a big Arts & Crafts Festival is going on.

-Sara

dit657
on 4/4/12 4:21 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good afternoon all - obviously I'm a tad late in checking in today, but I'm here. We had to take my nephew to the truck rental place this morning to pick up his moving truck so we got to work late. He's home now with friends loading all of his stuff, then whatever stuff of mine he can get on it. Moving is hard - plain and simple - hours and hours of packing, cleaning - then unpacking, cleaning!! I'm expecting a very empty house when I get home tonight, but it is helping the transition out of this house a little.

So work today - not sure what tonight will bring - I didn't even get anything out for dinner since I didn't know who was going to be around to eat when we get home. We'll figure it out when we get home. My nephew leaves Friday for Florida - we won't be far behind - about 2 weeks.

Not much else new for me right now - it's all about moving...I have 3 crockpots I'm taking to Florida but giving one to my sister - I think they'll be great down there to keep the house from heating up too much, and I love using them. Makes life so much easier! I make my spaghetti sauce, chili, pork & sauerkraut, and all kinds of things in mine.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 4/4/12 8:29 am - Perry, MI
 Greetings PA People,
I am late posting today.  I had to go out first thing this morning to get a shot in my back.  I came home, and started emptying my dishwasher, and got sidetracked.  I was heading out to my physical therapy appointment, but my sinuses decided to give me a killer headache.  I called and rescheduled for tomorrow morning.  I came home and took some Benadryl to relieve some of the sinus pressure.  I already take a ton of meds for my allergies.

This evening, I am going to start packing for my trip to Michigan.  I hope to take less luggage than in the winter, when I had to pack sweaters, scarves, hats and gloves.  Now, I have short sleeve tops, capris, jeans, one cardigan, and my hoodie, and a wool jacket.  Michigan still gets cold at times.  

Now, to get supper.  I bought a Taco Bell salad, now that I know they don't  use ground beef with pink slime.  I make it last for a couple of meals, and give the shell to Utley.  He loves Taco Bell.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views