Multivitamins

lynnc99
on 4/3/12 4:29 am
Just curious.

I continue to use Centrum chewables (2 a day). But I don't have a problem swallowing pills, so wonder if there is any reason NOT to use a regular multivitamin with comparable numbers?
Lisa H.
on 4/3/12 5:13 am - Whitehall, PA
 I never took a chewable.  When I had my surgery, they pumped me full of IV vitamins that he said would hold me for about a month until I could swallow pills.  I take a full size one a day vitamin now, plus those big honkin' calcium pills.  My stats are always good when I go for labs, so I know I'm absorbing everything I take.  The only thing I take sublingually is my B-12.

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 4/3/12 6:46 am
Thanks Lisa! I will get one a days on my next trip. I have already switched over to the "big" calcium tablets. I do like the Bariatric Advantage chewables but couldn't justify the cost any longer. I will also get Citrical Petites from time to time on sale but somehow taking twice as many leaves me prone to forgetting or shortchanging the allotment for the day.
victoria3
on 4/3/12 7:23 am - Douglassville, PA
If you have problems with the "honking" size of the one-a-day multi's, CVS makes a multi in TABLET form, it's about  the size of an M&M, 365 in a bottle for about $9. 

Lisa H.
on 4/3/12 8:20 pm - Whitehall, PA
lol, Victoria.. I am fine with the honkin' size.. was just saying that I can swallow them.. the multi I take is not bad and I am taking the citracal petites now, so I"m good... :D  I always manage to get them on sale and with a coupon, too.  So, that's an added bonus!

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 4/3/12 10:35 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
There is no reason you can't use another type of vitamin.  I use the chewables still because I like to be sure that they are getting in my system and I usually buy the Vitafusion, or what is comparable, ie Target brand, which by the way, they have the equivalent to the petite calcium's for about $8, I think there are 150 or 200 in a bottle.

Have a great day!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views