Topic of the day - WOW Moments

Harvey S.
on 3/23/12 12:02 pm - PA
Harvey S.
on 3/23/12 12:08 pm - PA
That Jackie, was a WOW moment for sure! I've had a few along the way, but none as huge as yours.
First was when one of my rings slid off my finger when I was shaking water off after washing my hands. Just a few weeks earlier, on the day of my surgery, I had to use liquid soap to get my rings off, and it was still a struggle.
Next was passing through the MEN'S department in a local store. I saw a shirt that I really liked and started looking for my size when I realized I was in the "Big 'n Tall" section, and I no longer had to look for shirts that big.
The most recent was about a week ago when I bumped into a couple friends who I hadn't seen in almost a year (pre-surgery). I moved in to kiss her on the cheek and she backed away with that "who IS this guy?" look. When I went to shake hands with the guy, he never even extended his hand to meet mine. I even said hello using both their names and the blank look was still there. Unfortunately, there was no time for chit-chat, but a few days later they called to apologize; it had taken them the rest of the day to realize who I was.
Keep the WOW moments coming!
Keep your eye on the prize...as long as it's NOT MacDonald's            
jastypes
on 3/23/12 12:48 pm - Croydon, PA
I LOVE your WOW moment.  And I love this thread and the happiness I see in each post.  I have not forgotten so many of my own WOWs!  That restaurant booth experience was beyond awesome.  I believe I went in and out of the booth 3 times, just because I could!  And the first time I sat in a movie seat without being uncomfortable.  I think I cried.  My first post-op bubble bath.  Ahhhhh.  I was not able to sit in a tub (or get up if I ever did get in one).  Now I take baths every weekend morning, just because I can.

Oh, and I think my absolute favorite WOW moment was when I walked up the staircase at the train station one day and kept walking home.  I didn't have to stop to catch my breath at the top of the steps. (or even half way)  I HATED those damned stairs!!!!! 

Oh, God, one more.  I was shopping with my children (ages 17 and 18 I guess at the time), and they said they couldn't find me until they realized I was the "skinny" woman in the red coat instead of the fat woman they were looking for! 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 3/23/12 1:10 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Jill I remember you sharing that trainstation one. . .  I think if we can focus on those early moments and the empowerment of them, we can stay the course more than not. . .

I saw my g/f of 36 years (damn I don't even feel like I'm 35), the last time she saw me, I was at my lowest weight, she said that she thought I look terrific now, much better than how gaunt I looked the last time she saw me.  It made me happy, since she has known me at all levels of weight and while I told her I appreciate that she thinks I look good here, I am not satisfied with the regain and want to take off 15 to 20 lbs. 

Hugs and feel free to call me if you ever wanna talk 12 Steps ;) or anything at all. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

CHRISTINA REAMS
on 3/23/12 9:47 pm - PA
 I absolutely love everyone's wow moments.I have have so many simular moments and the one's that include my son are some of my favorite ones.Last night was the first time I have been to the movies since surgery and of course we went to see Hunger games and it was packed to the max .I sat in my seat and only my seat and still had room.I actually had to move over to hold my husbands hand.These are moments that make all of this struggle worth ever minute.

Christina

lynnc99
on 3/24/12 10:58 am
Such a fun thread....keep it going!

The first year we had season tix to the Fulton Theater in Lancaster, I thought, "Wow this is a historic theater....these seats are so snug!" By the next year, I had room to spare!

Getting checked in for a flight and having the TSA guy do a double take at my photo ID. He said, "Wow Ms. McLean, you have really done a great job! Congratulations!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views