What are you Eating Today?

Laureen S.
on 3/22/12 3:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Donna,

Planning leads to successing and heck, even if you can't plan totally, then just come and post what you are doing so that you can add a component to your process, once you post, you can do quick edits to your post throughout the day, if need be, which is what I did because my lunch did not have enough protein. . .

Seeing you makes me happy!!!

Have a good day!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lslaven
on 3/22/12 5:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Okay, like Donna, I am not good at planning.  I go with the flow and eat what I want at the moment, but I will try.  Also, Laureen, I want a recipe for this healthy french toast.....sounds wonderful.

B:  Omlete with spinach, onions and a laughing cow cheese.

S:  SF banana chocolate chip muffin (homemade so low in calories)

L:  Left over chinese food, egg fou young and rice (I will pay for this on the scale with water gain).

No snack as I did not eat lunch until 2:00 but I eat less often than every 3 hours but eat more at a time which just works for me being a nurse.

D:  No clue as I must go to a viewing.  May have a salad with turkey before I leave or get something out if I run out of time.

S:  Maybe SF soft serve icecream or a SF chocolate pudding.

Water is essential and I drink about 6 bottles a day and always take my vitamins.

Laureen S.
on 3/22/12 12:23 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Linda,

Next time I make it, I will try to figure how much of everything I use, but I kind of adapted  recipe that is a Paula Deane one . . .this is the basics of what I do. . .

Loaf of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread, but if you want to just use regular whole wheat bread that should be fine, you can sprinkle cinnamon. . .
Egg Beater equivalent of 6 to 8 eggs or 8 eggs (more fat if you're using whole eggs)
2 or 3 apples (shredded), I use green ones
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
1/2 cup of s/f syrup (I use maple, but you can experiment if you want)
Cinnamon if using plain w/w bread

In a non-stick 9x13 baking pan, sprayed with cooking spray, cut sliced bread and layer along bottom, than sprinkle shredded apples and pecans, take some s/f syrup and sprinkle, the repeat the process, when all done, pour the egg beaters evenly over the layers cover and refrigerate overnight.  In the morning pre-heat oven to 350 and then bake for 35 to 45 minutes, let sit for about 15 minutes and serve, serving size is about a 3x3 square, usually have a slice of canadian bacon to ensure protein balance

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Nicole0216
on 3/22/12 8:34 pm - Lancaster, PA
I am not interested in judging or reprimanding anyone. God knows I can barely manage my own life I cannot take on anyone else's stuff. :) 

I am currently working with a Chinese Medicine Doctor to help me with my migraines so I do not have to take the awful meds I am on. She is also helping me with my diet etc because of my PCOS. She was so nice and did not bat at eye lash about my surgery. She did tell me that since i mal absorb that whenever I can I need to use a steam basket to reheat my food rather than the microwave because it removes even more nutrients from my food and that I need all the punch I can get. So I have been following sort of a plan of hers. And I have to say so far I feel better, I have stayed of the scale so I dont care about that. But I feel better, I don't crave carbs, and I am actually drawn to highly nutritous foods so hey I like it. She also has me on a few supplements that seem to help me with my PCOS blood sugar and stress.  She sells them at whole sale so she does not make money off the supplements so I feel better about that. SHe also did acupuncture on me which was pretty awesome.

She urged me to go off all artificial sweeteners because they cause neurological issues including migraine so I am working on cutting back, eventually the goal is to eliminate them.

So my food

B- 3/4 cup of oatmeal with a pad of butter I like my savory
water and my supplements
then coffee with creamer and splenda

S- handful of nuts and unsweeetened dried fruits ( prune, raisins, walnuts, cashews, macadamia, sunflower seeds, )

L- Chicken Fried Rice ( not really fried) small amount of brown rice, chicken brocoli, green onions

S- Chai latte 1/2 splenda and truvia ( I make this with one chai tea bag and steamed skim milk)

D- Steamed Shrimp over spinach salad with red onions, small amount of feta cheese, sun flower seeds, vinagrette

I need to drink more water but I am working on it.  I have been making some kind of green every day arugula, dandelion,. watercress buying what is fresh in season and either making a salad or sauteeing them. They are so good for us. So we will see.
Laureen S.
on 3/22/12 8:40 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole,

Your food plan sounds delish to me. . .  have a great day and I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners as well

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views