Issue of the day - Snacks

Laureen S.
on 3/22/12 5:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Agreed, I knew you would become a force around here, you have been from the beginning thoroughly engaged in your process, which is what I did and by doing so, when you do find a pebble annoying you in your shoe, you will be better able to dislodge it and move forward. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lslaven
on 3/22/12 6:13 am - Philadelphia, PA

Jackie:

One of the old timers used to suggest ricota cheese and put cinnamin and splenda to taste which makes it like the inside of a cannoli or put marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese to make it like the inside of a lasagna (you would have to microwave this for a bit).  Both are high in protein as they are ricota cheese.  I also started to take lunchmeat, usually turkey, and spread some laughing cow cheese on it and a sweet pepper and roll it up.  One of my all time favorites is peanut butter on a wrap cut in pieces.  It is very filling and has protein.  I also have a recipe for mock rice pudding which is made with cottage cheese.  I can bring it to the next meeting if you would like or post it here when I look it up. 

When further out, peanuts, carrots, peppers, apples, etc. make a good snack but they may be rough on your pouch right now.

You are doing a magnificent job and successing with the best of us.  I wish you much continued success.

Linda

Jackie Fisher
on 3/22/12 6:20 am - PA

Thank you all so much for the wonderful ideas!! I will attempt some of these slowly to see how Penelope (my pouch) reacts to them!!

You guys are awesome!!

"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

cleos_mom
on 3/22/12 11:52 am - phila., PA
Lunchmeat slices wrapped in between lettuce leaves
Laughing cow cheese on celery they have several different
Flavors
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views