Weary Wednesday Roll Call? Where is everybody??

dit657
on 3/20/12 10:47 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning - can't believe it's 8:45 and I'm the first one posting roll call today - guess you all slept in because of the fog and mist?

I'm at work - we're interviewing now for my position, which is kind of weird. Yesterdays candidate was quiet and very reserved - not sure she'd be a good fit for this group - they need someone outgoing and with a big personality. The girl here now I like a lot - very bubbly and bright  - not a kid and I think she'd fit well in with this group - she could hold her own. My boss is with her now - I'll sit with her for a while and she'll meet with a few other people.

Got my husband's pension information finalized yesterday and off to the company, then did our taxes last night - had hoped to at least break even but we still owe. Not a grand amount, so that's good. They'll get filed April 14th.

Not much else on my agenda right now - just trying to stay focused and get everything done. I'm back to protein shakes for breakfast and packed yogurts, fruit and chicken salad. I'm really trying to get back to better eating and drop some of this excess weight that I've managed to put on. GRRR...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 3/20/12 10:53 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Seems we were posting at the same time. . .

Good Morning Everyone!

Last night I went home, changed into my jogging clothes and took Roxie for a nice walk, it was a great evening to do so and then this morning, in spite of the drizzle, we did it again, good for her, good for me, though I'm still having issues with my darn left hip to mid-thigh area, oh well, think I'll finally get myself to a chiropractor and see if that helps me any.

Well it's back to what I'm here for, work and hope to see some of your happy faces at Barix tonight, I know of at least two people who will be celebrating surgiversaries. . .Steffi (3) and Arlene (5)!  Congrats on your "successing" thusfar!  Anyone else celebrating?

Have a great day and if your facing challenges of any kind, I wish you peace and strength to get through them.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 3/20/12 11:04 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Kathy, Laureen and all of PA!

It is the last day of the, "effing PSSA's"  for another year!!!  Thank god!!!!  I did not feel great yesterday due to cramping and other side effects of my cycle and hated walking about the room for 90 minutes.  I did sit for a few and of course my principal saw me - oh well, it was near the end of the testing window and I was in pain....too damned bad!

Anyway - I did it again yesterday - I got home from work and ran.  I did the same run as I did on Monday.  Something happened with my app on my phone and it kind of got cut short - but stlll....proud of me!  It is crazy - I was looking forward to running.  It is really surprising to me.  But, I am pleased about what I have accomplished so far.

Today is testing, one more class at the end of the day, and then off to spend the afternoon and have dinner with a former student and his dad - the one whose mom passed away earlier this year.  I love this family.  I am looking forward to spending time with them.  Then, if all goes according to plan, I will be at Barix later tonight, celebrating three years of successing!  (well, mostly successing....and some set-backs - but we need to remember that we need to celebrate ALL of it!!!)

Happy Wednesday all!
Laureen S.
on 3/20/12 11:43 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Yes CELEBRATE ALL OF IT!!!  

Life would become ho-hum without it's setbacks, though I admit sometimes I'd rather think I would like ho-hum (lol), but doesn't it feel good to look back at what we've overcome and say, wow, I did not think when I was experiencing that, I would look back one day and think how grateful I am because I did overcome this or that. . . 

Glad your "effing PSSA's" are done for another year and that you look forward to your run, hope to see you later.

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

musicaldonna
on 3/21/12 4:03 am - PA
Good afternoon Kathy, Stefi, Laureen and PA,

I rarely post to Roll Call because I get on at night.  But here I am at 2 PM so I figued Why Not.  Have been working on some job applications.  It's hard to stay up about this because these are for September jobs.  Many schools do not know what their needs are yet so I just have to stay focused and do a little each day.  Looking forward to going to Barix tonight.  Need to be around my weight loss peeps and just connect with people.  The weather is great and I am trying to get outside more.  Hope to see some of you tonite.

Donna
Laureen S.
on 3/21/12 5:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Glad you will be there. . .

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 12:04 pm
 Spent my Wednesday babysitting 2 of the grandbabies(# 7 & # 8) while mom had to go to her job's company doctor after pulling her back out the other day.  Then came home, ate a lil meatloaf, relaxed until grandbaby # 5 got here for a sleep over at grammy's...  # 5 and the grandbaby ( # 2) we are raising are watching The Smurf's movie on dvd.  Almost over means BEDTIME for them... Then to relax before I go to bed....

Just to start all over tomorrow...  LOL...

I LOVE BEING A GRAMMY....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views