Magic Monday Roll Call

steffihope
on 3/18/12 10:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Monday morning all - The magic part?!?!  NO TESTING today....an actual repreive for a whole day.  I am actually going to teach today - looking forward to it.

Weekend was good and busy - St. Patty's Day celebrating for this Jewish Girl was a good time - of course - I was also sober....one of the few! :)

Today is teaching, have my therapist appointment this afternoon - then home to relax - might go get my nails done - we shall see.  I might also run today.....it is all up in the air!

Hope your Monday has some Magic in it!

Laureen S.
on 3/18/12 11:13 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Steffi, PA Friends!

Glad to hear you sounding so upbeat about the prospect of teaching, which I know you love to do, but have been bogged down with the bureucratic hell of late!  Hope to see you soon. . .

I had a full weekend and hosted a small St. Patty's gathering at my home with some of my closest AA buddies, made my first ever Irish Soda bread, healthy style of course and that along with Roxie were the hits of the day (lol).  Seriously, we had lots of laughs and the day ended at a Women's AA meeting.  Then yesterday, I made more corned beef and cabbage to bring to my son's house, as he has come to expect that meal yearly from dear old mom and I glad obliged him and got to blow bubbles with the grandkids in the yard as well and before you knew it the weekend was done, but the memories will linger for a while. . .

I'm at work, gotta get to it, but since I was posting for the Barix support meeting, I decided to drop in and say hi here as well.

Wishing everyone a very happy day, in spite of the fact, that for most of us, it's a work day!

Enjoy!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 3/18/12 11:50 pm
GM Steffi and PA!

WOW! What a weekend?!?! Flew by too quickly, I guess I was having too much fun!! Got my new iPad and haven't gotten much done since...

Today is wor****il 3:30, then home to do some things, get the child and figure out what to do for dinner since hubby won't be home for dinner. Something easy, like going out!! LOL!!!

If anyone is interested, I am having a Lia Sophia jewelry party this Saturday from 2-4.  If you can't come and would like to order from the catalog there is an online catalog. Just let me know what you want and I will order it for you!!

Have a great day!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 3/19/12 5:05 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good afternoon all. I had a bonus day off today because the home appraiser came by at noon. Couldn't have asked for a prettier day off.

Yesterdays big family party was a wonderful but exhausting time! It was great to have everyone all together and see extended friends and family.

Today I did some cleaning that's been neglected due to packing and the party then I did some packing.

Ok off to do more packing!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/12 4:44 pm
It was a very beautiful day today.  Had 5 Robins in my yard and 3 squirrels.  I tossed bread out for them to eat.  We don't eat much in any bread so I feed it to the birds when it gets a bit old...

Yes, Monday did have some magic in it.   I attented my first support group today at GMC.  Asked to get weighed before group started.  I lost 4 lbs since Mar 8th.  I feel awesome about that.  

Instead of cooking supper tonight, hubby and I did salads.  My future son-in-law says he's proud of me for the changes that I have begun doing to get healthier and to prevent "family" health problems from opening the door to come in.  Everything associated with hearth disease runs in my dad's side like a wild fire out of control.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views