Tired Exhausted Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 3/12/12 9:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

I'm late for work.  Just could not get up this morning.  Classes seem to be taking everything out of me lately.  I have to get this thesis done and just have no motivation at the moment.  It seems that our classes and workload for the class has doubled compared to what it had been.  I personally would have preferred these intense classes at the beginning and gotten them over and done with rather than have them now when the thesis is due in less than a month.  I have scheduled all Friday's off for the remainder of this month to get this completed.

Work today till 4ish.  Then home to probably fall asleep as soon as my butt hits the couch.

Hope you all have a wonderful day..

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 3/12/12 10:10 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good rainy morning Ida and PA - Ida, I hope these classes and this degree are over for you soon - seems very stressful along with everything else going on in your life. But I guess we all have our own levels/areas of stress at any given time.

I woke up a little late today as well, but not as late as yesterday. Still beat everyone into the office. Plans for work today are putting together a list of phone numbers and training our paralegal on some things that I may not get to with a replacement - if one is even on board before I leave.

Things at home are progressing - packed a couple more boxes last night and got some stuff together for Goodwill. Physical therapy is going well - they're very pleased with the progress of my shoulder. I have a couple more weeks of that.

I made up a calendar of events to take hubby and I through our moving date - I'm pretty sure he hasn't really looked at it yet because he didn't say anything, but our time is filling up fast - can't believe it's really coming now, but it is.

Eating has been sporadic at best - trying to get more proteins because I'm noticing a significant thinning of my hair lately -could be due to lack of protein or stress - or both. My weight is steady and not moving, but I'd like to get it moving the other way again...

Take care all - have a good day. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 3/12/12 11:16 pm
GM Ida and PA!

I SOOOO agree with the title of roll call today! I am exhausted as well!! Although I took the day off yesterday, I was busy most of the day. We had our IEP meeting for Dee, although she is making progress, she still has much to overcome! We also went to the pediatrician and he said NO meds for now. I am kind of glad. Then I spent the majority of the day dealing with my kitchen floor. It is an old floor and no matter what I do, it just never gets clean looking! I got some fantastik spray with bleach and scrubbing bubbles. Boy did it get up ALOT of dirt!!!
After cleaning most of the floor and having the windows open for the day, the fumes got to me so I had to stop.

Today is wor****il 3:30, then off to my therapist for a session. Then home to make dinner and relax. It is also the first day of PSSA testing for Dee, I am concerned that she will not be able to handle it, but I am hoping for the best! The one good thing is NO homework this week!!!

I am hoping to get to bed early tonight!

Have a great day...
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 3/12/12 11:52 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all... still dealing with crap from Siehara over here.  I'm really running out of ideas.  Yesterday on the way home from the dentist, she was acting weird.  I knew she was up to something because she kept "stretching" and reaching behind my seat in the car.  My purse was there.  I thought she was trying to get her phone so I kep****ching her.  I asked what she was doing and she said stretching because her back was hurting.  When I went to drop her off at home while I went to work with my trainer, she had the little bag from the dentist in her hand.  I grabbed it from her and after I pryed it out of her grubby little hands, I found part of my key set in her hands.  I had separated my keys so I had the ones I need most on one chain and the others on another chain.   She THOUGHT she had the key to my bedroom door, but she did not.  I grabbed the keys from her, not telling her that she didn't even have the right key and then told her she was going to come with me to the gym and sit in the locker room while I worked out.  She tried to get out of the MOVING car.. so, I stopped.. threw the keys at her and told her that I just don't care anymore and to do what she wants.  She yelled back that I was lying and got out (with the keys) and slammed the car door.  I was truly afraid that my door would be broken again, but it wasn't.  I guess she calmed down by the time she tried.  She was asleep when I got home.

This morning she somehow managed to get my purse and take her phone out of it.  I disabled outbound calls on it, so she's out of luck with that, too.  We go to therapy tonight and I am going to beg for more help with her.  I really don't know what else to do with her.  She may really need inpatient where she can't be around any electronics so she can "detox".   I am also convinced (as is Neil) that she is bipolar.  She is on a low dose of Abilify, which can be used for bipolar disorder, but we are definitely not at the right dose.  She goes to the psychiatrist on Thursday so I am going to insist on a dose increase.  

Anyway, back to life here... working today.  Siehara has an appointment with the endocrinologist at 2:00, then I have to come back to make up the time I will lose being there with her.  She has therapy at 4 and then WE are going to go to Aqua Fit at the gym.  I am MAKING her go with me.  That is the only way she is going to do it.  The only way it won't happen is if her therapist does something with us as far as inpatient and we need to do something for that.    Also depending on if we get to the gym and what time we get out of Aqua Fit, there is a hip hop class that I am going to try to get to with her.  I think we will both enjoy both classes.  

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts.  I am so stressed out and trying to work out the stress in the gym instead of eating. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 3/13/12 1:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Hi there baby!  So sorry she is continually giving you a run for your money = I totally understand the, "throw up my hands and give in..."  It is easier to say **** it sometimes.  And maybe, just maybe, she heard you a LITTLE.

I am only concerned right now because it is testing time - make sure you talk with her about the importance of the test - and reminding her that she has to eat right and go to sleep without ANY distractions so that she performs her best.  

As for inpatient - I totally think that might be what you have to do - however, talk with the counselor at school and the therapist about what might happen during the testing window.  Sadly, as much as I hate it - the scores to these tests are so important.  (I don't agree with it - but I do respect it.)

And as for medication - Molly too is on abilify - a very small dose - however, the doctor added a second med last spring - Limictal - it has truly made all the difference.  Like I have said - she ended the last school year with amazing grades and has made honor roll for the first two report cards this year.  Obviously, Molly and Siehara are different - but it doesn't hurt to ask - it helps molly with her impulse control.  Even though we have had some new challenges in the past few weeks - she is definitely a ton better than she was this time last year.

I love you!
steffihope
on 3/13/12 12:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Ida and all of PA -  I am stealth testing mode - I am not supposed to be on the computer - I am supposed to be, "Actively proctoring" the students.  I am only testing 18 of them, I tld my friend that I felt like god - I was standing in the back of the room looking over them! :)  LOL

SO - testing starts today - 6 days of this - and here in Philly - we are not allowed to be in our own room, so I am with another group of 7th graders. They are working hard and doing well concentrating.  I just handed out some good sugary candy to them to get them through the second part of today's testing.  Of course, one of the options the kids have is a tootsie roll...mmmmm....LOL

After school today I am heading to run with my running partner - vry nervous about doing the entire run - but if I have to walk, I will and not worry about it.  Then I am off to teach at the synagogue tonight.  I am strating to watch "Oh God" wiht Goerge Burns to my second period class where we are talking about God and Judaism through movies.  We just finished watching Bruce Almighty and talked about the funny things that happened.  It is a fun class.

Then tonight, home to collapse and make sure Josh and Molly get a good nights sleep for more testing tomorrow!   Emily is sleeping out tonight.  Also, my Baby Boy is turning 17 tomorrow...oh dear god!

Happy Tuesday all!
Lisa H.
on 3/13/12 12:18 am - Whitehall, PA
 Siehara started her testing yesterday... oh the fun!

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 3/13/12 12:54 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida and PA,
I am happy to say the visiting nurse discharged me yesterday.  Now, I can start physical therapy for the back injury.  Insurance wouldn't let me do both at the same time.  I see my surgeon next Tuesday.  Now, for the ear, nose, throat doctor to determine what, if any damage, my broken nose is causing my sinuses.  That will be in a couple of weeks.

Went to my AA meeting at 9:00, and now, I am getting ready to go out and enjoy this glorious weather.

Hang in there, Ida.  The end is in sight.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/12 10:51 am
 Yes I'll agree that it was an exhausting day.  I didn't want to get up and I slept all day.  I can  understand the classes.  

I am practicing cake decorating so I can make some extra money.   I did my first barbie cake today.  it looks pretty good for a first timer.

Granddaughter and I went for a walk today.  was out for 20 mins.  Was a very beautiful day to walk.  I finally got under 270 lbs...  I jumped for joy when I saw that on my scales.

Hubby is down sick, so he didn't go with us.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views