Saturday Roll Call

bvohl
on 3/9/12 8:28 pm
GM PA!!

I am up bright and early due to the furry alarm clocks named my cats!! I needed to get up anyway because I had to get hubby and child up so they can go to the Water Works in Philly for Girl Scouts. I have gone to EVERY trip, meeting and such for the last two years, so I told Steven it was his turn! Deanna is his kid too?!?!? LOL!!

After they leave I plan to lay low, maybe go back to sleep and rest up for tonight! It is REUNION night!! I have a really nice dress and shoes to wear. I will start to get ready around 4 because check in is at 6:15!! Looking forward to reconnecting with people I haven't seen in DECADES!!Boy, I feel OLD!!! LOL! (Not really)

Have a great day!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 3/9/12 9:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Beth & PA!

Have a great time @ your reunion.  I too have been up quite a while this morning.  The guys are working on the house - lets pray that Gene stays away from electricity today :-)

I've already been to Giant to pick up some more hamburger my daughters are coming over this afternoon, I'm going to take them to the thrift store by Franklin Mills Mall I've been telling them about it they don't believe me that it is so big.....

I have the Porcupine Meatballs simmering in both the crock pot and in the oven, the overflow had to go into the crock pot.  I'm also making my first attempt at Vegan Porcupine Meatballs for my youngest who is a vegaterian.  The ingrediants sound yuckie so we shall see how they turn out...

I've completed all my homework except for responding to two of my classmates via blackboard discussion.

Today should be a little bit relaxing I hope....

Hope you all have a wonderful day....

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 3/9/12 10:20 pm - Whitehall, PA
 ok.. have to ask.  What are porcupine meatballs???

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 3/10/12 1:05 am - Boothwyn, PA
They're usually hamburger and rice but I think Ida is making vegan ones so not sure how she's making them.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 3/10/12 5:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes they are, I posted the recipe for the meatless on Lisa's post...

IdaMae

IdaMae D.
on 3/10/12 5:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Ground Beef mixed with Basmati rice.  Then make meatballs, pour tomatoe soup over them back in the oven for about an hour or until the rice cooks. 

I also made meatless (Gene pointed out they had eggs in them so they were not vegan)  my youngest does not eat meat.

The meatless are 1 cup crushed pecans
2 cups of cooked basmati rice
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 - 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
3 eggs
these needed to be baked for about a half hour, then pour tomatoe soup over and cook in a low oven for about an hour with the regular meatballs...

Gene and Jenn both loved the meatless.....

Bri and I prefer the ground beef type.....

Make garlic broccoli to go with them....since they have rice in them no need to make a carb only veggies...

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 3/11/12 7:33 am - Whitehall, PA
 BOTH sound yummy!!!

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 3/11/12 12:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA

They were, the meatless were a huge hit with Gene and Jenn...

IdaMae

LindaScrip
on 3/10/12 1:32 am

IDA thrift store? My ears are standing up are you talking about second avenue? let me know how you make out.  I don't feel they are that thrifty but let me know please.  Thank you.

IdaMae D.
on 3/10/12 5:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes, went to second avenue...they are not as good on deals as they used to be. 

it seems that Sunday and Monday are their days for 1/2 off - on selected items rather then the whole store as in the past.

I might be looking for a new thrift store - I think they are starting to believe they are Macy's or something...

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views