Chilly Monday roll call

LindaScrip
on 3/4/12 7:12 pm
Good morning everyone did anyone think when you have dogs you get to sleep in?  No we have a yellow lab named Oliver and around 5 am he is as good as an alarm clock a friend of mine's cousin passed and we inherited her two dogs and one cat and Oliver well you get the picture its his bed and when he wakes I better feed him or else he shouts the neighborhood down so its my feet hitting the floor letting all 5 dogs out going to the feed bins scooping food letting the dogs back in and diving back into bed?  Noooooo once I am up thats it for me.  Poor Heather has been suffering from a migraine since last tuesday had her at the ER , doctor's and all different meds she will be back at the doctor's and requesting an MRI guess my day will be full and then its to the horse farm and back home.  Can I go back to bed?  Are you kidding me?  I am grabbing a cup of coffee and playing desperate housewives and army wives that I dvr-ed last night then my day starts.  How is everyone else doing? 
IdaMae D.
on 3/4/12 7:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Linda & PA:

I'm almost out the door for work.  Church was good yesterday, Gene's sermon pretty awesome, although I'm sort of bias, lots of great feedback from our congregation.

The house is the house coming along slowly.  Getting so fed up with my little office area - Gene took a photo the other day - looks like we belong on a episode of horders.  Although when walking in the front door the rooms upstairs except for the bedroom are absolutely empty, except for all the construction supplies.

Work till 4 then class till 10.  This is another of those professors that believe we need to be in the classroom till 10 because....

Hope you all have a wonderful day... might have to rethink my outfit for today since it is chilly out there...

Ida

IdaMae

IdaMae D.
on 3/4/12 7:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Linda:
Sending prayers for Healther that she finds relief from those migraines....

IdaMae

LindaScrip
on 3/4/12 11:19 pm
Thanks Ida she has been home since Tuesday afternoon in the ER Thursday and back at the doctor's today someone suggested acupuncture? its a thought. Poor kid.
Patricia R.
on 3/4/12 8:12 pm - Perry, MI
 I had a really good weekend.  I went to an AA meeting on Saturday afternoon.  Then, in the evening, my sis-in-law and I babysat for friends from church.  What a nice evening.  Sunday was a blessed morning of worship.  

Today, I am waiting to hear from the nurse.  I am up early, so I have to wait a while.  Then, I have to go to my son's bank to deposit some emergency money.  I also have to drive a friend to the pharmacy. I then have to hit the lab to get my INR done.  I see the hematologist tomorrow afternoon.  
I hope everyone is having a blessed day.  Prayers for those who need them.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 3/4/12 9:35 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Linda, PA Friends,

Good to see you here. . .  aah yes the dog and their habits. . .  my Roxie has gotten used to the schedule I keep and so on those days where I should be up and about (days off) she has me up, no matter the fact that I want to sleep in an extra hour or so, like you, I seldom if ever can go back to bed once up, but on the other end of things, my roommate tells me that each day she goes and looks out the window overlooking the driveway with a forlorn look, waiting for me to arrive home each day and when I am late, she just sits and sits waiting for me. . .  makes me want to get home to her that much more and oh, she lets us know, if we should forget, exactly when it is time for her to eat, go out back and/or have her treats and she will holler at you if you forget (lol). . .  gotta love man's best friend! 

Hope the doctors get to the bottom of Heather's migraine and how to make the future less debilitating. . .

Had a nice weekend with Tony, though Saturday was spent doing support group in the early part of the day, getting home and getting my nails done, but he is a good sport and knows that I have many things that keep me hopping and he gets it, we did go for a nice dinner and went to see The Descendants, it was a well acted movie, although the basis of the movie was a bit depressing, there was moments of laughter to be had too. . . 

Today has me at work early because of a hearing, so I actually went to sleep before 9 last night, a good start to the work week.

Well I wish you all the very best day and for those facing serious challenges, as always I wish you great peace and strength to persevere.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 3/4/12 10:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Linda and all of PA - Linda - great to see you posting - have been missing you around these parts!

I am already aggravated and it has nothing to do with my school this time.  Emily had trip money that was due last Tuesday.  I was unable to get it in until Friday.  She was told that it was too late and they were not accepting money anymore.  I knew nothing about this!  So I called this morning and the teacher called me back telling me that the money was already sent for the trip and it is too late.  UM....NOPE!!!!!  That is NOT acceptable.  Not in this district.  I didn't receive ONE note from the teacher advising me that if the money was not in on time the child would NOT be able to go on the trip.  Now I have to call the principal.  I really don't do things like this.  This is just getting out of hand.  I am so not happy.  This is the same teacher that told us that Emily's math grade was slipping even though her report card was all A's and B's.  I know that she does not like my kid - I get it - Emily is a bg mouth and very sarcastic.  She even told us that maybe Emily shouldn't see my step-dad as often as she does because he spoils her - um, yeah - NOT YOUR CALL honey - and beleive me - I know how spoiled he makes her, I hae been dealing with this for years.  And now....I just got a call from the Psychiatrist - Molly is there for her check-up, that the doctor can't see her because they don't have the copay - ARe you ******g kidding me?!?!  She has been seeing this doctor for YEARS, and they can't bill me....My step-dad is with her - Larry had to work today - when he made this appointment, he was on night shift and was able to take her in the morning.  UGH!  What a mess of a Monday morning this is.  And my principal was just in here - she needed the report cards of those kids whose parents couldn't be bothered to call or show up - so they get the luxury of not having to have to deal with anything - they are going to mail them....This ****** me off - why do they not have to do anything for their children?

Anyway - now that I am sufficuiently on the ledge - my day is school, after school I am driving about an hour to meet with the director of camp to try to get a job for this summer.  I am anxious about it - I also have to talk with him about Larry this summer, as of March 1, the told him they don't have a position for him.  UGH!  We were counting on that to pay for one of the sessions for the kids.  And now, the beginning of March, we are told that we need to find another $4,000?  How does that even work?

Off I go - should be one VERY interesting day!
bvohl
on 3/4/12 10:44 pm
All I can say is OY!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

LindaScrip
on 3/4/12 11:38 pm
Dearest Steffi has Emily met Heather ? She is the queen of sarcasm what a hag!  Ya think!  Really now!  How's that working for you? Whatever!!  Because!  Kids you wanna just scream!  I get pissed off and grab her phone and disconnect her cable box grab her laptop and she turns into a wild woman and I just death glare her.  Isn't life tough?!  I survived without all of this and she shall too.  I have faith.  I had to go to the library and use the house phone and watch whatever my parents watched and OMG no MTV or Glee or Idol.  And teachers telling you who your child should see? I don't think so.  And some parents just don't care about their children's education try going to a graduation and hear some child say their parents are not there for that.  What the hellllll?  And they wonder why their kids act like they do.  Hopefully another camp has an opening for Larry I will cross my fingers. It sucks to have financial issues I wish George would be released from workers comp and get back to work and I can find a job. Ugh!  I can remember at the beginning of every school year I would e-mail and call her teachers and let them know I want an open line of communication for Heather and I would address any problems just let me know.  Unless they told me it really would make their jobs harder so I didn't want that.  My daughter is not going to school to be babysat she is going to learn and she better make do with it and make a living its a dog eat dog world out there.
bvohl
on 3/4/12 10:48 pm
GM Linda and PA!

I cannot believe it is Monday already?!?! Had a nice weekend! Saturday was a lay around and do nothing day, yesterday was BUSY! Had fun at the Purim Carnival, then went to see my friend for a bit. Then got Dee's hair cut . Boy does she look cute!!!! The girl did a fantastic job on her hair!! She looks so grown up, but she will be 9 next month!?!?

Today is wor****il 3:30, hopefully no staff meeting, then home to get child, get something for dinner, then off to get our taxes done. Hoping for a BIG refund then home to go to bed and do it all over again!

Have a great day!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views