Sunday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 3/3/12 8:48 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning OFF Sisters,
I woke up early this morning and can't get back to sleep.  I had a good day yesterday, except my memory is not as good as I would like.  I agreed to hep my sis-in-law babysit for friends from church, and it completely slipped my mind.  She had to text me to remind me.  Oy ve.  I felt so stupid.  I ended up being late, and leaving early.  My digestive system was acting up, and I needed to get home.  I had diarhea, and did not want to stay there.  I was there at least to help my sis-in-law with the baby, till he needed to go to bed.  He will be one year old on March 16th.  The other two kids are school age, so they don't require as much supervision.  Plus, my nephew was there to play Wii with the 7 year old son.  My nephew is special needs, so he gets along with younger guys.  Plus, Kathy, my sis-in-law brought nail polish to paint nails with the little girl.  

Today, I have church.  Then, I might be invited to dinner at a friend's from church.  She told my friend, Maria, she was going to invite us to dinner today, but I haven't heard from her, and I am the one who drives Maria to church because she can't drive.  If we don't end up going to dinner, I hope to make an AA meeting.  I made one yesterday, and it was good.  

I never did get my haircut yesterday.  I wasn't feeling well, and passed on it.  I might do that today as well.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 3/3/12 9:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish and PA:

Yesterday was an interesting day at our house.  I was working in the kitchen getting ready to put a sweet potatoe cake in the oven when I noticed the stove had stopped working.  Called Gene into the kitchen he started looking around and noticed that something my son in law had knocked over earlier next to the stove had fallen onto the plug and pulled it out of the socket.  As Gene was working on putting the socket back together, our son-in-law came downstairs and was joking around.  I heard Gene start yelling, thought he was playing with Ed, then Ed ran around to where Gene was working while Gene was still screaming, I realized he was not playing, mind you this all happened in a matter of seconds.  Turns out when Gene was working on the electic, his hand slipped and he touched the live 220.  His hand is cut up pretty bad where he had to take his other hand to pull himself off the electric current.  He said he was okay and didn't want to go to ED so I watched him all night to make sure he was okay, didn't get much sleep.

On a brighter note, the hardwood went down in the master bedroom.  Found another screw--up of the former GC in the floor coming from the addition to the old house.  The guys figured out yesterday how to address that without ripping up the subflooring and shaving down the rafters.

Today Gene is preaching @ church.  I was teasing him, told him after yesterday he should have one electrifying sermon for this morning.  I'm acting as his worship leader, then after church with out pastor out of town on a family emergency we are heading to Pennsylavania Hospital for a Pastoral visit.  Full day for us.

I did get my paper for accounting completed yesterday.  The accounting leave much to be desired, I researched the terminology I'm suppsed to be able to apply to the math in accounting and wrote a paper based on theory.  Much more interesting and informative to me than me struggling to do this crazy math they seem to insist I need to do, when I talk to senior management at work they tell me I'll never have to do this in managment.  I do understand that to be awarded an MBA for some reason it is understood by middle states accredidation that this is somehow important.  I'm done stressing over this it will be what it will be.

Hope you all have a great day..

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 3/3/12 10:18 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Ida,
Thank the Lord that Gene was not hurt more seriously.  I hope he heals up quickly.  I had to take three different statistics classes in grad schol for my MSW, and it is unlikely I will rarely, if at all, use any of it.  Plus, the prof I had was not very nice, so it was a rough year and one summer session I went through.  

Hang in there.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 3/3/12 11:21 pm
GM Trish and PA!!

Just a quick check in....

Trish I hope you are feeling better today! How are your wounds healing??

Ida, glad that Gene wasn't hurt worse than he was! Electricity is nothing to fool around with!!

Woke up, got showered and dressed, took Dee to Hebrew School, then went to Target for a bit of shopping. Came home, eating breakfast, then going back to the synogogue for the Purim Carnival. After the carnival we are stopping to see my friend, then hopefully to get Dee a haircut...later, dealing with laundry and stuff for the week ahead!

Have a great Sunday!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views