Finally Friday roll call

IdaMae D.
on 3/1/12 7:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA!!!

Yeah to the end of a very long, trying, stressful week.....

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 3/1/12 7:52 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Happy Friday Ida, PA Friends. . .

Looking forward to a wonderful weekend with my sweetie, as he is coming down tonight, then tomorrow he will hang with the Roxie girl and I will head to Barix for First Saturday support, where I hope to see a good many of the folks that pop in here.

In the meantime, it's off to work, make it a good day. . .

"remember that love is a verb - something I do, not something that can be given once and stored forever. Be active in loving the important people in our lives."  Send that email, make that phone call, make the time for someone who might really need it today. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 3/1/12 9:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Ida and all of PA - Happy Dr. Seuss Day to all! :)  Find yourself a rhyme today and share it with someone you love! :)

If only I was feeling all rhymy, I would be happy.  However,  I don't, so here I sit, dreading what will happen next.  Three of my 8th graders were suspended yesterday - you are going to LOVE this story....In the classroom across the hall, the Language Arts teacher SUCKS!!!!  The principal is trying to do EVERYTHING she can to get rid of her, it just takes time.  Anyway - my homeroom kids were in there, one boy had out his ipod or phone, and was video taping another boy climbing on the desk and then dancing and singing VERY inappropriate songs in the middle of class.  A third boy was egging him on, telling him when the teacher was going to turn her back so he could get up or get off the desk.  And here is the kicker....during the entire episode, the teacher continued to teach in lieu of stopping the behavior from continuing.  She is totally digging her own grave.....  Unbeleivable.  These kids are completely out of control.  In my classroom they are SILENT, however, they are also not getting the real me, no teasing, playing or interacting outside of mathematics.  It is a challenge.  I also had some kids give me a hard time yesterday about something that I don't even remember anymore - they just like to argue.  And then the principal called me on two things that I needed to justify to her.  I was in the right of course, but she just, "needed to confirm it."  Seriously??!!  EVERYTHING she is calling me on.  Now she wants someone else to collect the 8th grade dues because I shouldn't be, "doing it in front of the kids."  Really?!?!  isn't it the kids who are handing me in the money?  When should I be doing it?!?!  UGH!  I can not wait for the PSSA's to be over so I can take some time off.

So the plan for the day is school, run and go home.  I think that is all that I can handle.

Have a good Dr. Seuss Day!
Patricia R.
on 3/1/12 11:20 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
I barely slept last night, so I have to take a nap this morning.  I have to go to Rite Aid and pik up an antibiotic for another sinus infection.

Later, I have an appointment with my psychiatrist and therapist.  

I hope everyone has an awesomely blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 3/2/12 4:50 am - Whitehall, PA
 So it's late in the day on Friday.... I was WORKING HARD today!!! No really, I was.... 

Found out today that Siehara found the controller and the wires for the XBOX.. you'd think she would at least be smart enough to put them back after she steals them so I wouldn't know.. nope.. gone.  So guess what else is gone.. The XBOX.. it's currently in my car, but Neil is going to take it with him when he leaves on Sunday.  I also took the cable out of the TV in the living room and will be taking the one out of my room when I leave tonight.  No cable means no TV, no internet, no nothing... oh and I took her IPOD, too.  

She's been doing all sorts of chores since she got home and hasn't had time to notice the missing things.. or if she's noticed, she hasn't said a word.  

Anyway... I feel good about what I am doing to try to stop her from what she is doing.  I worked hard today and am going out tonight with my neighbor and some other girls.  We are going out to dinner and going to see a show at the State Theater in Easton.  The show is called "Four *****in' Babes".  It should be a great girls night out!! 

Totally looking forward to getting out with new friends and just having fun!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.... 

By the way... totally LOVED aqua fit at the gym last night!! 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views