Thrilling Thursday Roll Call

steffihope
on 2/29/12 9:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Happy March!!!!!!!!  My birthday is 60 days away! YAHOO!!!!!  Also, this month marks my thrid year since surgery.  March 31 is my surgiversary.....can NOT beleive it has been 3 years already.

Anyway - I am here at school, I am goig ot try my damndest to NOT hate this job that I have loved and had passion about for the last 12 years.  I can NOT let these kids get the better of me.  With everything that is going on in the district, I have to just put on my blinders and do what I know I can do and that is teach these kids math.  I am in a place where I need to remind myself often that I am a competant educator and that the ONLY thing the kids need from me is information.  I am not required to give any more of myself that that.  So, that is how I am about to face my day.

Today is school, then hair cut and color, then home to relax, play on the computer for a litte, maybe start reading the Hunger Games and possibly do some grading.  I know - it really IS thrilling isn't it?!?!

Happy Thursday all! 
Lisa H.
on 2/29/12 10:37 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Happy almost birthday month and almost surgi date! 

Keep your head up, Steffi.. you are a phenomenal teacher and know how to get through to the kids.. you are more than competent.. 

Today I will spend my day trying NOT to cry.  I had to cancel Siehara's Bat Mitzvah party due to her recurring bad decisions.    I told her yesterday if there was one more incident that the party would be canceled since nothing else seems to be working. I came home from the gym and caught her having ******** with a strange kid she met when she was still online (without my permission) on her XBOX. (She had stolen my debit card to pay for xbox live). 

I just reinstated her TALKING privileges 2 weeks ago, and had not reinstated texting pending her RESPONSIBLE talking.. I really didn't think she would speak the words she had been texting. 

I have a call in to her therapist to see what else we can do.. I'm thinking she is going to need to go back to the outpatient program or maybe even inpatient.  Things are really bad right now. 

She's reaching out for attention in the wrong ways.

Other than that, Neil is coming in to take his car back to Pep Boys.. he just had a ton of work done on Saturday and his engine light is on.  While he is here, we are going to go to LA
 Fitness (where I joined last night--AND signed up with a trainer) to see about changing the membership to a family thing.  I am going to be paying $29.99 a month for me, but they told me that for $49.99, I could have up to 3 people.  I should have just called him while I was there, but I didn't know how serious he was about joining.  We need to see if it will work between the 2 different locations, as well.  Then, I want to stay to work out so I will have him bring clothes for zumba or just doing something like treadmill walking together.  

Just keep swimming is my motto for today... hmmm... there's a pool and hot tub at the gym.  Maybe that's what I need!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 3/1/12 12:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Oh God Lisa - I am sooo sorry that she is still pulling this ****!  IS she aware of possible inpatient placement?  What happened when you called the school counselor? Did you find out if there was a problem at school?  What a nightmare.  And you are absolutely doing the right thing by cancelling her reception. She has not earned the right to be celebrated.  I am angry for you.  Molly has been pulling **** here too - As a quick catch-up - because I am still not completely ready to talk about it, she was stealing from me.  (in the past has been caught stealing from her brother and sister.)  Turns out she has been stealing from me for a long time.  But, another story for another time.  She is on complete house arrest unless I am going somewhere.  She only just earned the priveledge to be able to come home from school on the bus.  She was being picked up every day and I am still dropping her off every day to make sure she makes it to school.  I have to have my step-dad stay at my house until I am home.  Which means I have to check his schedule to make sure I can schedule a running day.  I tell her often how frustrated I am that I can't do the things that I HAVE to do because I have to make sure someone is home with her.  Today, I have a hair appointment and I had to make sure that there was an adult with her so I can go. Charlie and Sheila are picking her up from the hosue and taking her and Emily to their house.  She is flipping 14 years old and I can't leave her alone.  I so get the frustration.  It surely feels like one step forward two steps back.

Love you girl!
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 4:52 am
I am so sorry that both of you amazing Moms are going through this with the girls....

Steffi I am 5 minutes away if you need a prison guard on an afternoon or two let me know! As much as I love Molly this breaks my heart. You know how special your girls are to me.

All I can do is offer to keep praying both of these young women Molly and Sierhara ...Don't give up on them!
***hugs*** Love you both
steffihope
on 3/1/12 10:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Thanks Beth - I will definitely call on you if I need anything!  It means so much to me that you are willing to do this for my children and me!  I love you!
bvohl
on 3/1/12 12:07 am
GM Steffi and PA!!

As educators we always have challenges, if not with administration then with the kids. Just do what you do!

Lisa, I am so sorry that you are going through this! I am glad that you have Neil to help you through this. I am here for you as well, anytime!!

Today is a SUPER busy day!!! Wor****il 3:30 unless we have a staff meeting. Then it will be 3:45. Then I am stopping at a friends house to drop off cookies and a gift for her new baby...then rush home pick up the girls, take them to their brownie meeting at Pizzeria Unos. I wil be waiting for hubby to get there from a drs appt, then we will have dinner to make a contribution to the troop. Then home to prepare food and snacks for the class trip that I am chaperoning to the Zoo tomorrow!! Oh, I also have a performance with some of my kids tomorrow morning to squeeze in there too!!! OH BOY!!!

I just want to colllapse right now...but alas I must work!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 3/1/12 2:49 am - Perry, MI
 Hey Steffi,
I have had a busy day today.  Went to my AA meeting.  Then, I took a friend who can't drive to two appointments.  Now, I am resting my back.  Tonight, I have Bible study.

Nothing else exciting is going on.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 3/1/12 8:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Birthday month to you, today is Gene's birthday...

IdaMae

steffihope
on 3/1/12 10:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Happy Birthday Gene - he shares his birthday with Justin Bieber - HA HA!  I have two daughters!  It is a  BIG day over here! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views