Leap Year Wednesday

Laureen S.
on 2/28/12 9:18 pm, edited 2/28/12 9:19 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hello PA People,

So it's a leap year, which means we work an extra day this year ;) and babies born on this day are somewhat confused as to when their birthday's are. . . went to a cousin's b-day party on Saturday, he turned 60 and 15 since he was born on this day, as well as one of his SIL's also having a daughter who is born on this day. . .

Anyway, my plans today include work, an AA meeting and then home to hang with the famous Foxie Roxie dog. . .

I am doing pretty well staying on plan these days, happy with my progress and hoping that I can continue this way.

Wishing each and everyone of you the best day possible.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 2/28/12 9:43 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Laureen and PA,
I am sleep deprived right now.  Stayed up late to watch "The Help" and then couldn't get to sleep.

Today, I am waiting for the nurse to arrive for my wound care.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get in an AA meeting today.  Then, this afternoon, I have my mammogram.  Hopefully, this one will not require further tests, as previous ones did.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 2/28/12 10:07 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
So Trish what did you think of "The Help". . .  I saw it about 6 weeks ago on Demand and thought it to be a really good look at what people experienced in the not too distant past, heck, some of that stuff still goes on, but in a very covert way. . .  I enjoyed the movie

I've already made my high deductible insurances deductible between the heart docs and the mamo, have to be monitored based on what was found, but this is the price I pay for living this long (lol) and I'll gladly pay it.  Hope you have a great day and that your wound care visit works out well.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Patricia R.
on 2/28/12 10:52 pm - Perry, MI
 Laureen,
I thought "The Help" was excellent.  It was an excellent portrayal of the racism in the South, and the survival instinct and courage that it took back then.

I watched on my On Demand as well.

Glad you are able to access your medical care.  I know I am grateful for mine.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 2/28/12 10:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 So, I totally posted and I guess I hit the wrong button.  Sounds about right for me these days.

I am here sitting in my classroom - already telling my lovelies to pick up their heads, they are not to be using advisory as nap time, it is study hall.  UGH!  Like it has changed since September.  Honestly......shoot me now.  I was told by a colleague yesterday that they don't even know how to talk to me in the halls, I always look so angry.  Yep - that is me - the angry teacher!  AHHHH!!!!!!!!  I have never felt this way for any length of time.  My students desks are actually all in rows facing front.  That is also not how I teach, I truly beleive in group work and I can't allow these kids even a moment of conversation time.  I am ehausted!  And now, we are hearing that the state wants Philadelphia teachers only, to NOT be allowed to administer the PSSA to our own students.  Seriously?  Talk about setting us up for failure.  What about those kids who just need a reinforcing smile or a tap on the shoulder to let them know that they are doing GREAT?!?!  It is getting so out of hand.  I know I have said this before, but I think it might be time to move on to the suburbs.  I really don't want to - I love how close I am to school, I love that my kids and I are on the same schedule and I REALLY enjoy the curriculum that I teach.  If I leave the city then I have to start all over and really, I have no idea where I would want to go.  Everything is so far away.  With any luck, I will continue to be lazy and not do anything about it! 

Today I am teaching, then I tutor this afternoon and this evening Molly has her first sewing class.  She is so excited.  Larry is working today and then may be heading to the synagogue to rehearse for Purim next week.  Maybe.....

That is all for me - Happy Leap Day all!
Laureen S.
on 2/28/12 10:17 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Steffi,

So sad to read about the way things have gone for you in the past year, you always have spoken about your teaching with real passion and a love of your students, to see this changing is sad, there are never enough "engaging" teachers and the fact that you are slowly being condemned to a prescribed way to do things which takes away the personal touch of what you do is very sad, sad for you, but sadder still for those who would benefit by someone with a great passion for giving students something that is hard to come by in this world.  One day soon, I am sure you will know deep within what your next step is, until that time, as a good friend of mine once told me, when you don't know what it is you should do, do nothing, which basically means don't make any rash decisions until your inner voice speaks to you of what it is you should do. . .

Hugs, Laureen

IdaMae D.
on 2/29/12 6:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
Steffi;
Is it time to really consider going back for that PhD?

Good Luck to Molly on her sewing, in my old life I was a seamstress for 12 years.  I loved sewing!!!!

IdaMae

dit657
on 2/28/12 10:44 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. Another day of packing for me. No appointments today and no reason to leave the house which is good since it's ugly out there. Got a lot done yesterday - all the good crystal and china and my mothers prized antique canister set. I can't begin to tell you how many times that has been packed and moved (and survived!) and hopefully that won't be any different this time.

So today is more kitchen packing and cleaning out and tackling some of the bedroom stuff.

I'm really boring right now - it's all about the packing and moving. Sorry!!

Have a good day everyone.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 2/28/12 10:55 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

Dinner, coffee, something before you leave for Florida. . .  though I visit there often, it is usually a quick, long weekend to see daughters and grands, but more and more of my friends are moving there. . .  so guess I'll have to find more time to spend there and certainly lots of places I can see without wearing out the welcome mat ;)

At this stage of life, boring is good. . .

Hugs, Laureen

bvohl
on 2/29/12 12:17 am
GM Laureen and PA!!

Happy Leap Day!

I am dreading this day as I do EVERY Wednesday! It is my WORST day of the week!! I hate that they have put me in the classroom teaching music for some classes. Just let me do what I do best, teach kids to play instruments!?!?! Eh, I shouldn't complain, it IS a job!! The highlight of the day will be our latest retroactive pay from our contract negotiations. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

Today, wor****il 3:30, go home, pick up the girls at school and take them to Hebrew School, then off to Sears to pick up a baby gift I need, then home to figure out what to do for dinner.

After that it is all up in the air!

Have a great day!
Damn, I have the hiccups! I HATE the hiccups!?!?!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views