Sunday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 2/18/12 10:45 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA!

Yesterday the guys laid the hardwood floor in the great room.  It's nice to see it and yet also realizing just how much more work this house is going to need to bring it back to liveable condition.  Just looking around the family room yesterday and seeing how much stuff is piled on top of the other stuff, seeing the small work areas Gene and I actually have as usable space.  Looking around our bedroom and seeing that due to most of the furnature being out in the shed and realizing that everything I have in clothes baskets and piles on top of the dresser etc., used to be in another dresser I have that is not in the house so there just is no room to put stuff away.   It really is getting to both of us. 
It was so exciting to see the flooring and then so disapointing to realize that although the floor is down there is just soooooo much left to do.  In the meantime it feels like everything is starting to cave in and suffocate us.

nothing really planned for today.  I'll probalby make some more rice pudding, a trip to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients I can't get at WaWa.  Gene ate almost all that I cooked yesterday, all I got was a couple spoons as I was tasting to see how it was progressing.  I fell asleep very early last night and checked the pudding this morning to find only a couple spoons left.  Mental note to self.   make half of what I made yesterday.  I had been planning to put it into individual servings for the week.  Thaat is not happening now.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 2/18/12 11:10 pm
GM Ida and PA!!

((HUGS)) to you and Gene! What an ordeal you have been through! It would be getting to me too!! Take a deep breath and just say, "it is what it is" for now. When I say that it helps me just realize that I have to deal with the here and now. Don't drive yourself crazy!!

I fell asleep on the recliner and stayed there all night. I woke up early thinking that there was Sunday School. Got over there and they were closed, I guess for the holiday weekend. So I am now making pancakes and put up a crockpot of meatballs for dinner. Figure, might as well as be useful since I am up SO early on a Sunday morning??

The rest of the day will be doing some work stuff, laundry, etc. Nothing too exciting!!

Have a great day!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views