Finally Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 2/16/12 8:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA!!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing my life away till 4 when I can leave work.  Several meetings scheduled for today and of course work in between said meetings. 

I have an article review due for class Monday that I have to work on this weekend.  Seeing my hair stylist tomorrow.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 2/16/12 9:51 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Ida and everyone. I woke up to a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean. We got to Atlantic City yesterday evening and had a great time celebrating my bff's birthday. We gambled for a while, stopped for dinner, more slots then back to my room for special birthday drinks, cake and gifts. Not sure what we're doing today but we'll find something to get into.

This is our last big relaxing weekend before the crush of packing starts. Thankfully I have 2 more weeks home rehabbing my shoulder so I can to little things to get it all started. I have good range in my arm but no strength yet - that will come.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and great weekend.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 2/16/12 10:05 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Friday!! Great news from the sleep study.. nothing to report but a pretty restful night's sleep!

I'm off to get my car inspected and hope to get a great report there, too.  From there, I am going to stop at the store to pick up a few things and then head home to rest.  I work at Dress Barn tonight from 4-9:30.  Then I'll head home.  

Tomorrow morning, we both need to get fasting blood work and then we'll head to synagogue.  

Nothing major planned this weekend.  There is karaoke tomorrow night at the club I used to go to all the time.  I'll see how the weekend goes before I decide if I will go or not.  Neil may come in this weekend, not sure yet.  It depends on his school workload.  He's almost done!! We are both happy for that!! 

I'll definitely be spending some quality time with Siehara this weekend.  She's getting better each day and for that I am also grateful!! 

Hope you all enjoy the rest of today and your weekend! 

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 2/16/12 10:14 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Ida, PA. . .

Yes, I'm with you Ida, the wishing my life away, which starts each Monday and ends on Friday's (lol). . .  So happy I have a 3-day weekend, though Monday is full of appointments, eye, vet to take Roxie's blood to test for allergies, as the poor girl, just never stops itching and benadryl seems to make her depressed, so I hate giving it to her, then in the afternoon an ultrasound of my right boobage to check out something seen on the mamo, but hey, I'm not worried, been here before, just grateful I don't have to take a day off to schedule all the appointments.  Tomorrow I might be driving down to Delaware to meet with a friend, do a little tax free shopping, have lunch and then home to finish what chores I don't get done before heading to Delaware, Sunday, Tony will be down and I already stated my Monday stuff, so I won't repeat myself, either way, 3-day weekends are the best, gives one time enough to get things done and a bit of time for self. . .

Hope your day goes smooth and everyone else has a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 2/17/12 12:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning all of PA!

I am just getting on here - had to pick up Emily's report card this morning - I am a very proud parent right now - Honor roll for that cutie!  The teacher did say that her math is slipping, so I need to get on her for that.  I get the impression that the teacher does not really like her - and I bet it irks her that her grades are so good! :)  HA HA!

Got to school a little late and the amount of paperwork is overwhelming.  When I got here, we had to collect for, 1.  Dress down pajama day - $1.00 each; 2. Doughnut sale fund raiser, $.75 each; 3. Smoothie sale, $1.50 each.  That is on top of the regular checking attendance, serving breakfast - YES!!!  I said serving breakfast....(all the good my Bachelors and Masters Degrees have done for me.)  Filling out the clipboard that travels with the kids to each class and collecting all the items that were SUPPOSED to be turned in yesterday.  Oh - and did I mention I have to do this for TWO classes?  The teacher across the hall has been out for three weeks and I don't trust ANY of the subs that are coming and going. Oh wait - I forgot to mention - we are raffling off things every week for students who have been in school on time all week - so I got to write their names on tickets for both classrooms.  And....yes - I am not done....I am collecting money from the kids in the 8th grade for their trip to NY and the end of year activities - I have to have them count it in front of me and then I have to mark it on a spreadsheet and give them a handwritten reciept.   Needless to say - I did NOT teach a lick of math today.  And guess what - I am so ok with it - it is a half day - it is a friday - I am just giving in on this day.

You know what - I think I am going to send the above paragraph off to my principal  She slapped my wrist so to speak about some papers that were due to her the other day and I completely forgot it.  I don't know if she understands everything that I am doing because the teacher across the hall is absent.  I will remove the part about the negativity of serving breakfast.  Wondering if that is a good idea or not...hmmmmm,

Anyway - Half day for the kids - final day of report card conferences, I AM in my PJ's - wanted to be part of this for the kids - should be cute to talk about report cards from my jammies! :)  After school Larry, Emily and I and maybe Molly are headed to fb hubby's house - where he and I and again, possiby the rest of the crew - are going to the Limerick outlets  - now that I am sure that I will be skiing regularly - and even after this season - there will be others, I HAVE to invest in a ski coat.  The one that I have been skiiing in was a Black Friday $19.99 special from LAST year.  It is NOT a warm coat, but it doesn't get real wet.  Well, when I skied last weekend, it was frigid and the coat was not enough for me and then when I took it off at the end of the day - the lining inside the coat was ripped.  So - Off to the Spyder outlet for a coat for me!  We are going skiing again on Sunday = so I am looking forward to seeing me in a REAL ski coat! YAY!  This weekend is also Molly's bday party tomorrow night and we are also off on Monday with currently, no plans.

Wow - this was a long one.....sorry!

Happy Friday all! :)
bvohl
on 2/17/12 12:10 am
GM Ida and PA!!

TGIF!!! IS RIGHT!!

I am hoping to get out of work early today since I have been covering classes(and missing my preps) alot this week. I want to go home and clean, straighten and put laundry away, take out  the trash and such. A good many things have been put on hold trying to work with Dee and her schoolwork. She got ANOTHER 100% on her reading test, so I told her we would take her out for ice cream this weekend. She is really doing so well, but we MUST work with her! She can't do it on her own!

I am SO happy for a THREE day weekend! I NEED IT!!

Have a great one!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 2/17/12 12:26 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
I am late this morning.  I had an early morning appointment with my cardiologist, as a follow-up to my hospitalization.  He was my attending physician, and he treated me prior to my RNY.  He wants a follow-up in three months, and then he will order a stress test.  My EKG was good, and my weight was less than prior to my hospital visit.

I am waiting for the nurse to arrive, to change my dressing.  Then, I will see about getting an eye exam appointment.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views