Snowy Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 2/10/12 9:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA!!!!!

I love watching the snow fall....

Today I'm not feeling well.  Have those tummy pains that put me in the hospital a while back.  Taking the meds the doc perscribed for when this happens just waiting on the pain to subside.

I'd like to bake some my great-grandmom's recipe it's called "German Butter Cookies" in our family.   Yes she was from Germany.  I found a cookie press on ebay that is exactly like the one my mom and I used when she taught me how to make these,  I'm dying to try out the new "old" cookie press.

I have to complete my PP preseentation for Monday evening.  I think I'm going to have Gene go over it, I'm sort of stuck so I need a second pair of eyes that is familiar with my thesis project. 

The guys are working on the house as soon as our son-in-law's get here.  One is driving over from NJ and picking up the other one over here in Philly.  The Philly son-in-law is actually the Jersey son-in-laws cousin, he's become so close to our family that he's now been placed into the son-in-law category for Gene and I.  Gene seems to enjoy having him around when he's not taking care of his little girls during the week he and Gene work on the house.  His tile work is AMAZING!!!!  Very talented young man.....

The house is really getting to me lately.  I can't stand being here with all the stuff piled aroudn me.  I have no place to go think and be by myself to work on school work.  I have no place to go to escape the clutter that has been piled up for over a year now becasue it's all the stuff Gene and I need for daily life and can't put it out into the shed.  It has become tooooooooooooooo overwhelming lately for me....All I want to do is lay on the couch or in bed and sleep to get away from it....

Gene's mom was in the hospital Thursday night till yesterday.  Her blood pressure was up really high.  We really need to get this house completed so she can come stay with us when she wants to.  Our plan for the house was so that she'd have a place to rehab after her last surgery - that didn't happen she had to go home.

Hope you all have a great day stay warm stay safe....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 2/10/12 10:20 pm
GM Ida and PA!!

I like watching the snow fall too, especially on a  Saturday when I DON'T have to go to work!!

Just woke up a few minutes ago, sipping on coffee. Steven and I went out last night to Parx to see the Soul Cruisers. We got a chance to talk to my friend who is in the band. He came over to say hi! Nice guy!! We were right up front, which got to Steven by about the midway point. It WAS really loud! So he sat outside of the bar for awhile, then I started to feel clostrophobic(sp) and this lady behind me kept on smacking me with her purse. So, I left and met up with Steven. We left, stopped off at Wawa for milk then came home. Steven went to pick Dee up at our friends house. We all went to bed around midnight!

Today I plan to do alot of things in the house. Some straightening, bills and financial stuff, laundry and such. We are still deciding whether to go to Cheesecake Factory for Steven's celebratory dinner....I will talk to my friend and see what she thinks.

Ida, if you need a place to get away you are always welcome here!!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 2/10/12 10:41 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
I empathize a little bit with your frustration about the stuff being around you.  The month before I moved down here, I had boxes all over my apartment and couldn't find anything at all.  Fortunately, it was only a month.  I was totally unpacked within a month of moving down here.  I can't imagine living like that for a year.  

My nurse noticed that one of my wounds is almost completely healed.  It was much smaller than the other wound.  The larger wound is coming along, but the surgeon will have to scrape out the last of the dead tissue that is in there.

Today, I am just hanging out here at the apartment.  Love watching the snow, knowing I don't have to go out in it.  My landlord might stop by this weekend to do some minor repair work.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 2/10/12 10:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. Sadly I don't share your sentiments on the snow! I'm just not a fan of it anymore. It's all white where we are and still coming. Luckily the streets are just wet.

Today I'm waiting for the appliance repair person to come - our dryer and dishwasher are on the fritz. The dryer works but needs a switch - the dishwasher is dead and I'm getting dish pan hands!! Hopefully neither is too expensive to fix.

I just finished my arm/shoulder exercises and I think I'll go pack more of my Snowbabies into their boxes. I know I don't have all of their boxes but I do have quite a few.

Hoping to get together with our buyers this week and get a settlement date and get things going. I have to tell work when I'll be leaving and right now I feel like we're in limbo.

Well those of you who like the white stuff please enjoy!! I'll be hibernating.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views