Tired Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 2/6/12 7:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

Off to work till 4ish.  Lots of new stuff going on at work, crazy times gearing up for healthcare reform and what is/might come in the next few years.

Class got out a bit early last night so we could work on our presentations for next week.  Oh my so much work so little time.  I made the mistake of looking at my next syllabus as did the rest of the class and everyone is freaking out at the amount of work that is required for this class.  With our major projects due in April the amount of classwork and presentation work for this next class it's overwhelming.

Hopefully it is nice and  sunny at lunch I'd like to get outside for a short or long walk depending on how tired I am at lunch.  Once I get home tonight I plan to get onto the treadmill, hopefully Gene doesn't have anything planned for me upon my arrival.

Hope you all have a wonderful day..

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 2/6/12 9:16 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Ida and PA... 

Things are still going pretty well around here.  I went to Dress Barn last night and as far as I can tell, Siehara did not do anything she wasn't supposed to do.  She also didn't do everything on her chore list, but that will be dealt with today when she has to do those PLUS today's list.  That kind of stuff I can deal with.  Hopefully, she won't give me too much lip today when I break the news.  But again, that is normal teenage stuff.. dealable.

Today I am just working for Aetna.  This morning, they are having a blood drive at the Allentown office so I am going to go over there around 9 for my appointment.  I've been a bit concerned about my iron level, so I guess I'll find out when I get there if it is ok.  

I'm sure I'll put in OT today and then tonight I am going to the gym.  I felt so great when I was going last week and I want to keep up the momentum while I can get there.  I will go to Body Pump and Zumba!  I did that regimen on Thursday and I loved it!!  Can't wait to get my groove on tonight!

Other than that, things are pretty quiet around here.. thank goodness.  We both need that peace.  I need to see if I have everything for my income taxes and start working on that.  Depending on the amount of my refund, I am thinking about getting another car.  Mine is ok, but there are a lot of little things bugging me with it that are just annoying.  Speaking of cars, I do need to schedule it for inspection.  That could also help me make the decision on trading it in.  It should pass, but who knows. 

Hope everyone gets out and enjoys something about the day!  

My tracker

hers 

Lisa H.
on 2/7/12 12:40 am - Whitehall, PA
 well duh... seems that I can't go to the gym tonight since I donated blood.  Guess I'll work more OT and maybe watch a movie with Siehara. 

I still haven't seen One For The Money but she doesn't want to see it.  I guess we'll find something on my DVR.  I have a ton of stuff recorded.  I'm sure we can agree on something. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 2/6/12 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Ida and Lisa and all of PA.  Ida - I am so getting the itch to go back for my PhD and reading all your posts remind me of what will be in store when I do make that move.  OY!  Lisa - glad things are getting to a place of calm at your home.  All things in time.

I am at school.  already having talked with a friend this morning that always makes me smile.  I have our every other week meeting this morning....kill me now please!  Then I will be teaching.  WAHOO!!!  Wonder if it will be administration or a few of the students who will aggravate me today....See, me and my optimism!  Tonight is teaching at the synagogue and then home to relax with Larry - I think we are finally turning the corner on his moods when he gets home from work.  We talked about it during the day and then when he got home last night and he felt his mood changing, just a look from me was enough for him to take a deep breath and rethink what he was thinking.  Baby steps!

Happy Tuesday all! :)
lynnc99
on 2/7/12 5:32 am
Steffi, if you ever want to talk PhD programs, let me know.
steffihope
on 2/7/12 6:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Thanks - it is something that I have been thinking about since I earned my Masters in 2004.  So, the itch is getting harder and harder to ignore.  We shall see.
IdaMae D.
on 2/9/12 10:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Steffi going back to school was one of the best decisions I've made.  Gene went back for his doctorate a  couple years ago it's never to late to learn or get another degree!!!!

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 2/6/12 10:31 pm, edited 2/6/12 10:31 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
I stayed in bed a little while this morning, because Utley fell asleep ontop of me, and I did not have the heart to disturb him.  I didn't mind the rest anyway.

I have to head out later and get a document notarized and sent to PennDOT, to renew my handicapped placard.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 2/6/12 10:56 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, everyone. 

Today is a new day.  Working, as usual, then OA tonight.  We had a birthday dinner at Applebee's last night for my daughter, who turned 20.  My ex-husband joined us.  Ugh. 

My ex. :::sigh::: I cried a little when we got home, journaled a bunch, prayed. I'm okay today. He is such a sad person. I feel horrible that I never loved him. I tried. I really did. I never miss him. He said two things last night that really just took me back. He said a friend of his was trying to set him up with someone, but she wasn't his type. And I said, "You have a type?" His response was, "I do now. I want someone young, with a big ass, who can't speak English." I just think that is so telling about who he is. He really doesn't like or respect women at all, and really is incapable of having a real relationship. Sad.

And then, of course, the subject of my alcoholism came up. Mind you, this is a man addicted to a variety of drugs, including crack cocaine and heroin, during our marriage. And I tell him I am doing well in recovery. And he says, "You should try smoking pot. At least that's not addictive. I've been getting high for 40 years and I'm not addicted." You see the insanity I lived with??? I am 52 years old, and was married for 23 years. I divorced at age 48. I wasted almost half my life trying to be something I could not be.

And overlaying the sadness, is this incredible sense of gratitude that in my life today I have true love and a purpose. I feel like I have been given such a gift. I could have died miserable and defeated.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 2/7/12 5:36 am
Oh Jill. My ex is also a very sad person....wracked with horrible depression and has made continued life choices that are detrimental to any growth or happiness after our divorce.

For a while it bothered me. And it bothered me that I didn't miss him. But he also had violent potential and recently I have seen incidents that remind me of how that felt. No one would have believed me at the time, but it was one of those cases where something horrible could have happened out of the blue.

As for the smoking pot...yeah, what a helpful kind of guy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views