Sunny Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 2/3/12 8:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

Nicole - sending out love, hugs, and prayers to you.

Good morning PA!  Here I am sitting in the basement no windows needing to write a 6-8 page paper on Childhood Obesity to turn in Monday evening.  So much information out there, both statistical, policy related, and very sad stories of children who live in poverty and the only food available to them is junk food or fast food because there are no grocery stores in their neighborhoods.  I knew this because Gene has told me in the past, researching it and seeing the actual stories we live in what is supposed to be the richest most affluent country in the world, yet we have children that are eating only junk because that is all that is available in their low income communities and neighborhoods, and on the other side of the coin we have children that are not getting enough food and are developmentally delayed as well as other physical problems caused by malnutrition.  What is wrong with our country when our children are so affected by not only food but also education, living conditions, and their parents cannot find jobs or be educated to find a job because we as a country "just don't seem to care about these issues".  Okay I'm getting off my soapbox.

Today as you can see I'm researching and writing.  Gene informed me last night I have to take a break sometime today and we have to go to some stores for stuff for the house.  Oh joy - I'm so damn sick of this house.  Our Feng Sui is completely off!!!!

Hope you all have a great time at Barix I wish I could join you, but alas my assignments call.

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 2/3/12 9:48 pm
GM Ida and PA!

Nicole, I am here for you!! Call me, email me, PM me...

Ida good luck on your assignment!! Sorry you won't be able to make it to Barix

Today is going to be a busy, long day! I didn't sleep well last night, I forgot to take my meds and vitamins, whenever I do that I sleep horribly! I was up at 5:30, doing some FBing and had a cup of coffee.

In a little bit we will be meeting Lisa Friedman Hunt and Siehara for breakfast then head to Barix for some great support!! Afterwards we will go back to my place, Lisa and Siehara will go on their way and I will get another shower and get dressed for my college reunion!! A bit nervous but also excited to see who will be there! I know my BFF and her family will be there, but Dee doesn't know that yet! She will be so excited to see her friend!! Don't know how long this will last but maybe hanging out with my friends afterwards....we shall see!

Steven is DONE working in Voorhees at that HORRIBLE place!! New job starts on Monday!!! So excited for him!!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 2/3/12 10:53 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Beth - wish I could get to Barix today also.

Enjoy your College reunion!!!! 

Yeah for Steven!!!!  Is he moving to another office?

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 2/4/12 3:49 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Ida and PA,
Ida, I did a paper in grad school on that very topic.  In addition to the lack of grocery stores in poor areas, there is junk being served in schools, like sugar cereal for breakfast, chocolate milk, sometimes kids eat pizza and tater tots for lunch.  Talk about carbs.  Also, kids in poor neighborhoods tend to get less exercise, because it is sometimes not safe to go outdoors to "play" or go to the park after school and on weekends.  When I was a kid, I was thin.  School lunches consisted of a balanced meal, and white milk only.  I also went outside to play, mainly because TV was boring and Dad controlled the channel choices.  Enough of my soapbox.

Well, my original plan was to see the visiting nurse, and then head to a meeting, but I did not feel up to getting to the meeting today, and the nurse is running late today.  My regular nurse usually has me as the first or second patient, and has never arrived later than 10:00.  This one scheduled her arrival to be between 12;30 and 1:30, and then called to say she was running late.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views