Tuesday Roll Call

bvohl
on 1/30/12 10:06 pm
GM PA!!!!

Where is everybody??? Maybe everyone decided to take a day off with the beautiful weather that is expected today? I wish I could, but as I said on FB this morning...I owe, I owe so off to work I go!!

Today is wor****il 3:30, then if I can get out on time I need to go to Fashion Bug to see if I can find a nice outfit for this weekend. Nothing fancy, but something nice. I am going to my college music reunion! Unlike my HS reunion that is costing an arm and a leg, this reunion is costing NOTHING!!! Just gas and tolls! Gosh, I have not been on campus since 1998!! I know it has changed drastically since I was there last. It will be nice to see my peeps from college. I wonder if people will notice my weight loss?? I was pushing 300lbs when I was in college, so I think they will see a difference!! I am taking Dee with me so she can see the campus and meet some of my dear friends!

Steven is VERY happy with this mild weather....because it means he can go riding on his Harley!! Sorry Steffi!?!? Me, just another day on the job!

This evening the usual, dinner, homework, FB time, relax and collapse!!

Have a great day!!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 1/30/12 10:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Beth - I was thinking the same thing - however, I wasn't able to get on here at the time.  

I am sitting in my classroom with my students, "practicing" for the state test.  This is utter bull****  My program is so messed up this year, one, with the illness of my special education teacher, she is out for the year, then the Language Arts Partner teacher is brand new to our school and is, well, lets just say there is no love lost between her and the majority of the school faculty (my principal is at her wits end as to what to do with her.)  Then all the new things that this brand new principal has us doing, day in and day out.  And now the district required ALL schools to take this two day, "Practice" for testing.  It is stupid if you ask me. This test is called, "predictive" as it is supposed to predict how the kids will fare on the actual test.  Seriously?!?!  How is a two day test going to do that?  UGH!  It is so frustrating.  You all know how I feel about standardized testing.  While it has its place, the fact that the entire country is so brainwashed to think that this is the end all be all of scores.....I hate it - I hate what it does to my kids, they are already feeling the pressure.  It is unfair to do this to our kids.  Maybe I really SHOULD get back to school to work on my PhD and get myself in to administration.  Although, unless I was in politics, I am not real sure what my one voice would be able to change. Sigh.  (That I and I LOVE being in the classroom!)

Anyway - today is school, then the Hebrew School run then teaching tonight.  Home to a hopeful early night to bed.  More stupid testing in the morning.

Happy Tuesday all!
jastypes
on 1/30/12 10:55 pm - Croydon, PA
Wow, it's quiet this morning.  Enjoy shopping, and your reunion!

I'm working.  :::sigh:::

OA meeting tonight.

Looking forward to Barix on Saturday morning.

I feel boring today!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Lisa H.
on 1/30/12 11:23 pm - Whitehall, PA
 I'm coming to Barix on Saturday come hell or high water!!! 

I will finally get to meet you!! You are such an inspiration with your dedication!

My tracker

hers 

jastypes
on 1/30/12 11:52 pm - Croydon, PA
Can't wait to meet you too!  Prayers continue for you and your daughter.

Blessings, Jill

bvohl
on 1/30/12 11:32 pm
Jill,

I have some jackets for your daughter if she is interested. I will bring them with on Saturday...

Beth

jastypes
on 1/30/12 11:53 pm - Croydon, PA
I sure she will appreciate them!  Thanks for thinking of us.

Blessings, Jill

Lisa H.
on 1/30/12 11:07 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Have fun at your reunion.. and um YES they will notice your weight loss.. HELLLOOOOOO

When is the reunion? If you can, check out Dress Barn.. yes, I'm plugging the store.  They have fantastic clothes! AND, I really believe that the quality is MUCH better than Fashion Bug.  I wish I would have found DB a long time ago.  I think you'll have better luck finding something nice, but not too fancy, there.  Plus, there are some great sales going on!

I am supposed to be coming in on Friday.  Maybe I can get there early and go with you to a DB and you can use my discount.  Let me know. 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 1/30/12 11:30 pm
Lisa,

I will let you know. I am going shopping at this new store with one of my friends from work. If I don't find anything there, I will definitely take you up on that offer. Do you need a place to stay? You are always welcome to come stay with us! I was probably going to go to Barix on Saturday morning. Maybe breakfast before or lunch after??

Thanks!
Love you!!
Beth

Lisa H.
on 2/1/12 1:25 am - Whitehall, PA
Beth, let me know if you want me to come in early for shopping on Friday!  I am planning to stay at Beth/Dennis' house.  Siehara will be with me and either stay at their place (with all computer stuff under lock and key) or she may stay with a camp friend who lives right near Barix.  

Breakfast or lunch would be great!  After Barix, I am going into Maple Shade NJ to hook up with a cousin I haven't seen in years!! I finally found her on FB and it turns out she went to school with Steffi (and you?)  I didn't give her a definite time, so let's see what the week brings. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views