Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 1/27/12 7:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

Today I'm up and just about ready to run out the door.   Picking up one daughter then heading to my other daughters.  Taking the youngest to the doctor then we are heading out to breakfast and some thrift stores to see what we find out there.  After that the plans are up in the air.

Gene is still under the weather, he was feeling better most of yesterday then last night the stomach started acting up again.  I do not think there is any activity happening at the house today.  Our son-in-law has to work at his job today so he's not coming over to the house so hopefully Gene will have some quite to rest while I'm also out of the house.

Hope you all have a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 1/27/12 9:04 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida,
I sure hope Gene feels better soon.  Those stomach viruses can take their toll on a person.

I hope everyone is enjoying a pleasant weekend.  I am waiting for the visiting nurse, who should be here in an hour and half.  She is trying a new wound treatment to speed healing.  The wounds have a lot of dead tissue, which hinders healing.  The new treatment is to dissolve that dead stuff to expose healthy tissue, which will heal.  She, or a colleague, will be here everyday till Tuesday, then every other day.  Other than that, my day is free.  

I was supposed to help with the Special Olympics Polar Plunge, but can't risk falling and reinjuring the leg.  Plus, I must keep the leg elevated as much as possible, or the healing with slow down.  So, I will be working on a new baby blanket that my sister asked me to make for a raffle that Special Olympics has as part of a Dinner Bingo in October.  I would be working on my future grandchild's blanket, but my daughter won't tell me what color.  I made the other Munchkins' blankets in nontraditional colors for babies.  Isabel's is sage green, and Lincoln's is royal blue.  I make them the size of the crib mattress, and they use them on their beds now, and will be able to use them as throws when they are older.  Since Colleen, my daughter, won't divulge the gender of the baby, she won't tell me what color, because I will figure out the gender based on the colors of the kids' rooms.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 1/27/12 9:39 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Off to work at the Barn.. Neil is here to hold down the fort.  I got my hair done last night.. check it out on FB.  I LOVE IT!!!!

Working til 3.  Then, we will do something fun tonight, like bowling.

I gave Siehara some leeway at the mall last night while I was getting my hair done.  She came back exactly on time, if not early, every time I let her go.  Great start to building my trust back!

Have a great day everyone!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 1/27/12 10:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all - I am actually calm on a Saturday morning and able to post - go figure!

Ida - please send Gene my good healing thoughts! :)  I am sitting in my kitchen hanging out on the computer.  My dad should be coming over sometime shortly - not sure what we are doing, probably just hanging out.  Maybe Breakfast or lunch.  Either way it is great to see him.  He looks amazing - I am always happy to see him looking healthy - and the funny part is that we all always check his hair - his two older brothers were both hair dressers and we always said that that side of the family has great hair - my dad does!  He is all silver now, but that really only started in the last 5-7 years - he is going to be 69.  And not that it matters, but my uncles have great hair too.  (OK, so I just reread what I wrote - sometimes my thoughts are a bit weird - and I just write what I am thinking.)  

Anyway - after hanging out with Dad, later this afernoon we are headed to the synagogue as Emily and her Hebrew School classmates are leading a service and then they are sleeping over at the temple.  Josh will be going with us and helping out over night.  Molly is going to sleep at a friends house.  Then FB hubby and his wife are coming here to hang out with us and Larry when he gets home from work! :)  

That is my exciting day - I LOVE sleeping in on the weekend!  Happy weekend everyone!
bvohl
on 1/27/12 11:36 pm
GM Ida and PA!

Ida, I hope Gene gets better soon!
Lisa, so glad that Siehara is building that trust!!
Steffi, enjoy time with your Dad!

Today I am up and dressed, just took my daily meds and vitamins, soon will eat breakfast, then get ready to go sell some GS cookies with Dee at the cookie booth! We will only be there an hour, then I NEED to go food shopping! We have NOTHING to eat!! After that, we will come home and relax for a bit.

I was going to go out this evening but I am not feeling it! Don't know why, but I just don't!! Maybe the family and I will go out for dinner. We shall see...

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views