Dr. Andres Castellanos???

nikki34
on 1/27/12 12:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Has anyone had surgery or is gonna have surgery by a surgeon named Andreas Castellano? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
KELLY R.
on 2/2/12 4:38 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

Hi there -

Have you had a consult with him yet?  I started the process with Dr. Castellanos back in Feb 2011 but backed out for a few reasons. 

First off I've not spoken personally with any of his bariatric patients but I just didn't get the "warm fuzzy" vibe from him I was looking for. I know his main focus is bariatrics but it's not the only surgery he performs each day.  At my consult he wasn't very interested in going over the procedure itself as much as he was in what I had to expect my life to be like after surgery. And although I get that, I just felt he was skipping alot of important info.  Alot of you can't do this, and you can't do that. Then he also had some woman in a lab coat come into my consult with him and he didn't even bother to introduce her or state who she was, she just stood there listening to everything.  Then I was informed that I wouldn't see him again until the day of my surgery?  That made me feel kind of wierd.

Then before my first nutritionist appt I was asked to keep a 3 day log of my eating, 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day.  I went fully prepared and the nutritionist didn't go over any of it, she never asked me about any of my eating habits or anything.  I just didn't care much for her either.

I've not heard anything bad about him but I just didn't care for him, plus unless you live in the city or are used to going to the city, yeah... it's a real pain in the a$$.

Good luck to you though!!!

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

apw0
on 2/7/12 10:35 pm - Doylestown, PA
I had a not so nice experience with Dr. Castellanos when I first met him several years ago. He seemed nice enough starting out, but then it seemed that his attitude changed, for reasons that I still don't know. Either way, I was uncomfortable, and I knew that I wasn't going to entrust my life with this man. In addition, I live in the suburbs, and it wasn't worth me driving all the way down to Hahnemann, and paying an arm and a leg for parking, for a surgeon I wasn't comfortable with. However, I have two friends that just loved him, so everyone is different. I hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views