Hump Day Wednesday Roll Call

Lisa H.
on 1/24/12 7:28 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. I've been around, but not been posting.  

Between work and Siehara, I've been quite busy.  Siehara has still not "gotten it".  She had the balls to take advantage of the 10 minutes I was in the shower Monday night to get on my computer... really???  That gave me the opportunity to find out what her "fake FB" account name and password were.  Well, let's just say that my daughter needs a lot of help.  She is hurting and seeking attention from anyone who will give it to her.  

She is going to start the acute partial hospitalization program at Kids Peace on Monday.  I go for intake on Friday.  She will go there during the day instead of school and will have all kinds of intensive therapy during the day. TOUGH LOVE take 1000.  I know that this is the right thing to do and am PRAYING that this will work.  

Neil has been so helpful through all of this.  I have to work at Dress Barn tonight so he is going to come in to stay with her so she is not left alone.  My manager there has also been wonderful.  We switched Friday to Saturday so I would have coverage at home and I took off all next week.  I told her we'd play it by ear as far as after that.  I want to see how Siehara reacts first before I make any decisions.  But, I know I HAVE to be here for the first week because I think she is going to get worse before she gets better.  Again, TOUGH LOVE, but it's necessary before I lose her all together.

So, summary of today is work and work... oh and make a few phone calls and send a few emails to be sure Siehara has the school work she needs for the time she will be out.

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 1/24/12 8:59 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Lisa and PA,
Lisa, I hope the partial program helps Siehara in the end.  You are wise to be available the first week.  I'll keep her in my prayers.  

Last night, a friend from Bible study brought dinner over and we had a lovely evening of visiting and getting to know each other better.  Her food was yummy.  She even made fresh green beans and steamed cabbage.  My favorites.

I have the visiting nurse coming over first thing this morning.  Then, I have to get an eye exam and pick out glasses, because mine were scratched when I fell and broke my nose.  I would have done this sooner, but the leg injury and hospitalizations took priority.  

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Sara E.
on 1/24/12 9:43 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Morning all!
Lisa, you & Sieharra are in my prayers.  I too hope that Kids Peace helps. Tough Love is just that....tough.  Hang in there kiddo.  You can do this.  You love Sieharra so much and she loves you too.  Keep trying.  We are all here for you.
Sara

Laureen S.
on 1/24/12 9:51 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Lisa, Trish, PA Friends,

Lisa, I so applaud your handling of this very difficult time in your daughter's life and subsequently your own.  You are doing all the right things to help her along and it's good she did what she did last night, because you got a further look into what she is up to, though it is sad that she is seeking attention from anywhere she can find it.  Hoping the Kids Peace will get her safely across the narrow bridge she is walking on.  I was not an easy teen, I lacked confidence, self-esteem and my Mom was a hardass, so part of my rebellion stemmed from that and part I think from the lack of "real" family situation, back then very few people I knew came, as I did, from a divorced family, I forced my Mom's hand often and made lots of mistakes along the way in my own life, but I also got some very good life skills as a result, so I tell you this to offer you encouragement and hope.  Hang in there, I think Siehara has a great chance because you are so on top of things in the right ways.  Hugs. . .

It's mid-week and with the weather as it is right
now, I so wish I could be doing stuff that involves enjoyment of the weather, instead of sitting here at this darn desk, pushing papers around, but as the expression goes, I owe, I owe and off to work I go. . .  ;)  Nothing too exciting going on, will go to a nooner AA meeting which frees up the evening to spend at home with Roxie. 

Wishing everyone a very good day and for any feeling down or facing challenges, I send out positive happy thoughts and wish you peace and strength to get through.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 1/24/12 11:41 pm - Croydon, PA
{{{Lisa}}}  In bringing up my 4 children, I dealt with diagnoses of ADHD, ADD, bi-polar disorder, depression, schizophrenic tendencies, cutting, suicide attempts, partial programs, hospitalizations, a plethora of medications, charter schools and homeschooling.  (different kids and different times)  I understand the struggles and challenges.  I don't know that we have ever found answers, but so far they have all survived.  Adam, who experienced ADHD, depression, medication, hospitalization, special education, charter school and homeschool is now married, working full time and living in Chicago.  This is the kid I never thought would make it past age 16.  My 20 y/o daughter still struggles with her bi-polar disorder.  She just got a new therapist, new psychiatrist, new meds, and just came out of the hospital again last week.  We do what we can, hope for the best, and pray for them just as hard as we can.

My life is on track.  Just checking in.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

bvohl
on 1/25/12 12:20 am
GM Lisa and PA!!

Sending out lots of ((HUGS)) and support to you Lisa and Siehara. Sometimes being a parent just sucks!! You are doing the right thing and staying on top of her! Which is definitely something she needs! I am so glad that you have Neil to lean on and support you!  Call me if you need to talk...

Today is wor****il 3:30 then running out the door to pick up Dee and her friend to take them to hebrew school. Then home for a bi****ch my story, make dinner and relax! Last night I actually got to sleep in MY bed!! Steven is mostly through his illness, I just hope I don't get it!! I stopped off at the store yesterday to pick up a BIG can of LYSOL! I had him spray EVERYTHING in the bedroom and changed the linens and pillowcases too!

That is it for me!
Those of you who are struggling I send good thoughts out to you!!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views