Sunday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 1/21/12 9:46 pm - Perry, MI
 I got up early this morning and could not get back to sleep, so I decided to stay up and get my day started.  I am chuckling because my Christmas decorations are still up.  I usually put them all away the first full weekend in January, after January 6th, the Feast of the Epiphany.  Unfortunately, I was in the hospital that weekend.  Since then, I have been unable to go down to the basement to get the storage boxes and carry them upstairs.  I can't even just go up and down a flight of stairs.  So, my tree, and all the trimmings, are still up.  Argh!

I changed the dressing on my leg by myself today.  The nurse asked me if I could do it myself yesterday, and I had seen it done plenty, so I toid her I could.  I think I did a fairly decent job,  Tomorrow, the nurse has to get blood to check my Coumadin level.  

The rest of today will be working on scarf #4.  After that is done, I am going to find the pattern for the baby stuff I am going to sew for my daughter's bun in the oven.  I am not going to start the projects, just get everrything together.  I have to wait till I can stand for more than 10 minutes to start sewing projects.  In the meantime, I have plenty of yarn and projects to work on.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 1/21/12 9:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Trish and PA peeps - Trish there are worse things in life than still having your Xmas decorations up - lol! At least you're home and healing and that's what matters.

I'm having a bit of a pity-party for myself this morning and I hate it but it's just happening and I can't stop it right now. I hate this weather - can't get the dog out for his walk for 2 days now because of the ice in the driveway and talking and texting with my siblings in sunny WARM Florida is just adding to it - knowing we have a lovely little house just sitting there waiting for us doesn't make it any easier either. Sigh.

Ok I guess I need to suck it up and get over it. We gave a good offer on our house up here and the longer we stay the more bills we have paid off here making life easier once we get down there.

Tomorrow is my shoulder surgery and I'm so ready for that. I am in constant pain now - dropping things because I have no strength in it.

Stay warm everyone. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 1/21/12 11:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish;

A tradition in our family was to keep the Christmas decorations up till Candlemass, Feb 2nd which was also my grandfather's birthday. 

Today I'm up late, was not expecting to do anything but wash, finish up my PP, go to CVS for vitamins, and some food shopping.  Once I woke up Gene asked if we were going to church that was not exactly on my radar this morning so now I'm rushing to get ready and trying to get the wrinkles out of my dress slacks which were in the wash basket by wetting them and putting them in the dryer since my ironing board and iron are still packed out in the shed.

Also got an email from a very dear friend that she's out of the hospital, we had no idea she was in the hospital.  Her hubby suffers from Alheizmers so no one else knew to notify us that she was in the hospital for 40 days and almost died.  Makes our problems with this house seem so insignificant.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 1/21/12 11:47 pm
GM Trish and PA!!

Don't worry about the Christmas decorations! Concentrate on getting better and healed!!

Went out last night to take Dee to a bowling party with her youth group! She had such a good time. you should have seen her dancing around to the music especially when the lights went out and the stobe lights came on! I did a few errands then came back. I was SO tired!! We came home and I ate a little something then crashed on the recliner again! Hubby is still sick and I am trying to avoid whatever he has! I am going to be a pushy wife and insist that I take him to the minute clinic. He hasn't eaten and continues to sleep alot.

I woke up @8:30 just in time to take Dee to hebrew school. After that I came home took a shower and ate breakfast. After I pick up Dee at school I am going to do my darndest to wake hubby up to take him to be seen. I also need to get gas in my car somewhere along the way. Then come home and get things ready for the week!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views