Freezing Friday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 1/19/12 7:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA!

I did stick my nose out the door to see how cold it was - burrrrrrrrrrrr

Still wrestling with this cold/virus - Been in contact with doc - I have Respiratory Syncytial Virus....It is going around work.  One of the UM nurses had about 3-4 weeks ago, then it came back last week she was out of work all week, she's back this week, and yesterday she was telling me she can feel it coming back.  I've been playing with it for about  3 weeks now also.  Doesn't seem to be as bad as she has it.  No medication for it, rest, fluids, etc.....Doc was telling me that children who get this strain are developing into pnemonia....

Today I'm working till 4ish, home to my pillows is the plan again, unless Gene has errands to do for the house and needs me to accompany him.  I hope not.....

I have homework for Monday nights upcoming class.  Just have to find a healthcare article related to access to care and discuss the main points using a PP to guide the class.  Should be pretty simple.

Tomorrow not sure if the son-in-law is coming over to work on the house with Gene.  He's been needed at his job the past few weeks so the work on the house has pretty much stalled.  It is giving Gene time to work on some things he's doing though so might be a good thing.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Continued positive thoughts and prayers for Trish, Nicole, Jason, Lisa, and Siahara....

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 1/19/12 9:09 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - yes, it's a bit frigid out there today but luckily we didn't have any of that stinky white stuff - looks like we're going to get some of it tomorrow morning, tho. The dog might have to wait for his walk if that's the case - I don't do ice and snow anymore.

I'm at work trying to clean things up since I'll be out next week following my shoulder surgery - I need a shot of ambition to get me going!

Not much else new for me right now - just looking forward to getting some relief with the pain I've been dealing with on this shoulder.

Take care everyone - hugs and prayers going out to all....Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 1/19/12 9:42 pm - Perry, MI
 Good morning Ida, 
I am still at the hospital, hoping they can work out the sna that has me still here. I really want to go home bad. I have spent 13 days here since the New Year. Just not all at once. 

I hope to be home this evening, playing with Utley. 

Hugs, 
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 1/19/12 10:09 pm
GM PA!!

Ida, i hope that you can get rid of the bug that keeps you down....
Trish, I hope you are released soon!
Nicole, I am thinking about you and Jason!
Lisa, continued strength to you to deal with Siehara and the teenage stuff?!?!

TGIF!!!! Last night picked up GS cookies to sell at school. It is only 9:06 and I have already sold 2 boxes, with more to come during the day!! Some of the staff members have already put in their orders!

Today is wor****il 3pm, then home to possibly take a nap! I was SO tired last night that even after a large coffee I went right to bed! Steven went back to work today and said that his coworkers are so happy for him! I know that he is happy to be getting out of the call center!
No plans for tonight, just chillin....snow is on it's way by tomorrow morning! Not enough to make Steffi happy though?!?!?

Have a great Friday!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 1/19/12 10:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good mornign Ida and all of PA!  Yes = it is cold out!!! :)  I just want to look out the window and see snow!!!!  Even if it is over this weekend I will be happy!  Of course, I would prefer to be skiing, but finances being what they are.....

It seems that my, "I'm NOT getting a cold." has turned in to, "I do NOT have a cold."  So there!  Fortunately with my NOT having a cold, I HAVE been sleeping pretty well - so see!!!  Can't be a cold! :)  I am at school today.  I have a littany of items I want to go over with my principal.  I put it all in my phone so that I don't forget ANY of the points.  We shall see if she has ANY time for me today - I tried yesterday - and she was always with someone else.  So, that is on my agenda today - however, I can only meet with her at my lunch as at my other off period is AGAIN with a parent - that makes 4 meetings this week.  And I wonder why I am not getting anything done! It is getting really old!  After school I am going to go home to rest and then I have a dinner with some old teacher friends.  I really don't want to go.  I probably will, one of the girls is pregnant for the first time - another became a grandmother - also for the first time - and to twins no less.  We are having dinner at Blue Sage - a yummy vegetarian restaurant.  I only eat one thing there and it is yummy, I am just tired.  Having Larry home at night is so far challenging.  His moods change with every breath - I know I keep saying we will figure it out, but still......

Looking forward to some down time this weekend.  Hope yours is great!
Laureen S.
on 1/19/12 11:29 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Ida, PA...

I feel for you having a Resipatory Virus, I used to get Resipatory illnesses all the time and luckily, when I quit smoking, almost 9 years ago, they pretty much stopped.  I recently had a cold, which is something I had not had in quite a while, upped my vitamin D to 5000 (per something my roommate told me he had heard, vit D not C can help your cold go away) and it actually worked at making it go away, but then I started on Lipitor and the past 2 days I have a constantly stuffed up head (and until this morning, I thought the cold was back, then I was reading the side effects of Lipitor and what do you know, stuffed up head/runny nose and slight throat irratation is part of the side effects), so right now I'm not sure, if the cold is back or it's side effects, either way, I'm not happy about it.  Hope you feel better.

I'm going through some health issues that require further testing and it is causing me to feel depressed, I thought that by changing my lifestyle I could avoid certain things, but as the cardiologist told me the other day, you cannot escape the genes that helped create you, even while you can increase the odds of having better health by doing the right things.  I started having chest pains at the gym a few weeks ago and when I finally considered that it might warrant seeing a doctor, I called my PC, who told me next time I felt that way to go to an ER ( I HATE ERs) and so I did what he suggested in making an appointment to see a cardiologist and now I am on Lipitor for my cholesterol, which is 288 (mine never did go down as a result of WLS and that is the luck of my gene pool, my body creates cholesterol) and my bp was high (first time since before surgery and he tested both arms), so I have an appointment for a stress test and echocardiogram.  I also was given a prescription for nitroglcerin pills and that my friends is what I think has really hit me hard.  My mortality and the realization that while I don't feel my age, I am my age, and that I can do all the right things (which I mostly do) and still suffer from things such as heart disease has me rather bummed out right now.  I am truly trying to live in the moment, but to not say that a little bit of fear is present would be a lie, you see I have a family where out of 7 siblings (my grandmother's side of things) 5 died before age of 65 of heart disease, next generation, my Mom and several of her cousins, also died young, so I spent a part of my life changing the things I could and now I feel like it really doesn't matter. . . feelings are not facts, but I do feel them and time and information will go a long way towards eliminating how I feel today.

Looking forward to the weekend, wishing you all the very best day possible, special thoughts going out to all those facing serious life situations.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 1/20/12 12:27 am
(HUGS) to you, Laureen!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 1/20/12 6:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
Laureen;
Sending you hugs and prayers...

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 1/20/12 1:41 am - Whitehall, PA
 Afternoon all.. I am finding that I have enough work in the morning to keep me busy and then I can come and play with you all.. 

Neil spent a long time talking to Siehara last night while I was at work and she knows that "something" is going on, but he did not tell her exactly what.   As I said in my other post, I am going to go to therapy on Tuesday and discuss it there.  

I was able to get someone to take my shift at the store tonight so I can be home with Siehara.  We are going to make the yummy peanut butter balls that we have the recipe for. I am actually thinking I may make them with real powdered sugar because I don't want them sitting around the house.  I can bring them with me to the birthday party tomorrow and just leave some here.  I don't want to bring sugar free ones there because we all know what happens when people eat too much malitol.  
Neil will come back tonight after his class, but it will be late.  Tomorrow, Siehara is going to spend the afternoon/evening with Blake at his house and then her brother is going to come here when he gets off of work.  He will sleep over here and then go home at some point tomorrow.  

Neil and I are headed down to the birthday party in Maryland and will be having dinner with Chele and her new man before the party!   It turns out that he knows the birthday girl, too, so we are all hanging together!  It's going to be a great night out and a good stress relief, too!  

Sunday, we will be here with Siehara and will find something we can all do together as a "family".  

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views