Barix support group meeting

musicaldonna
on 1/19/12 7:41 am - PA
     Just wanted to post a great big thank you to all the people who were at Barix last night for the support group.  It was nice for me to see so many familiar faces (Holly, Cherish, Cyd, Maura, Steffi, Jim, Lesley, Laureen, Mike, Kathleen, Patt, etc.)  I am sure that I forgot so people so I'll apologize now.

Saw my psychiatrist today and I am going to be switching my medication from Paxil to Prozac.  I was on Prozac back in the 90's and it worked well for a while but eventually a switch was necessary.  My doc feels a lot of the depression is situational because of being out of work and a routine.  I did share with her about riding the exercise bike and getting to support group again.  I know that I am doing good things for myself but I can't stand the lack of energy that I have these days.  Maybe my system needs a jump start.  A good side effect is that Prozac diminishes your appetite.  I am all for that

Thank you everyone for being around and especially to the regular contributors to the PA OH board - Ida, Kathy, Beth, Lisa, Trish, Steffi.  Even though I am mostly a lurker I look forward to reading your daily posts.

Donna
Lesley G.
on 1/19/12 10:24 pm - Allegan, MI
Donna, it was great to see you! I understand the situational depression from unemployment and a lack of routine. I know I certainly had that at times, and it felt downright soul-crushing! It definitely sounds like you're on the right track with the exercise bike and support groups. Both are excellent things to do for yourself.

Lesley
Laureen S.
on 1/19/12 10:52 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Donna,

It was a great night at Barix on Wednesday, seeing all those you mentioned and everyone else in attendance. 

I needed that meeting as much, if not more than anyone, as I was digesting the information I got earlier in the day from the cardiologist.  I really did not want to go on Wednesday, but it was good I had to be there, as I would have missed seeing all the people who turned out and that's one of the reasons I need to stay involved, because I can so easily fall prey to my depressive thoughts and feelings. 

As I told you on Wednesday night, you're doing great and I get all the reasons you are feeling the way you are, while I was lucky in finding new employment within 3 months of losing my job, it was only through sustainable actions and attendance of my AA meetings that I managed to avoid slipping into a depression.

Glad you are fighting things and I know it's just a matter of time before things turn completed around for you!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views