Exhausted Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 1/18/12 7:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

Well I have to say this re-curring virus/cold is no joke!  I am totally wiped out!!!!!  Slept from about 8:30pm till 6am and I feel like I didn't sleep at all.

Work today till 4ish.  Then home to my pillows....

Nicole continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Trish continued prayers for your recovery from surgery and your fall.

Have a great day and stay warm....

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 1/18/12 7:43 pm - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Ida hope you feel better soon. Trish continued healing vibes.

Third day today final day thank God. They have been real bears to deal with. so far the things that they are ripping us up about are things that were never on our radar that needed to be done. So at least I feel ok about that. I would feel bad if they were things we knew we should be doing and were not. They have also been dumb things that do impact patient care so I can also deal with that. It is their job to find something and they will, would just be nice if they were not so nasty.

Jason seems to be doing somewhat better so that is good. I am sure that things will be rollercoaster like but any extra support you all can send him I appreciate because he is feeling kind of abandoned by me.

Some of you have done so already and I appreciate it alot. You are good people.

Love to you all have a good day
Patricia R.
on 1/18/12 8:40 pm - Perry, MI
 Good morning Ida and PA
I appreciate your continued prayer and support in my recovery. I am hoping to be discharged soon. I have spent 12 days so far in the hospital and today is only the 19th. 

Hugs
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 1/18/12 9:04 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - hugs and prayers to Ida, Trish, Nicole and Jason - rough start to the new year - hopefully it's all uphill from here.

I'm at work - got here early today so that was nice - it was quiet and I got a few things done before the troops started rolling in.

Was a bit annoyed at my doctor's office yesterday - of course they did NOT have the nasal swab I needed to test for MRSA before my surgery Monday, which means I will probably have to be isolated and given additional antibiotics. That office is really falling apart - I told them last time I was there that it almost feels like a clinic now because I never see the actual doctor - always a PA and someone in training. But since we won't be using his services much longer I'm not going to change now.

If you all have any prayers left please send some to my wonderful neighbor, Janet - I spoke to her husband last night and she has Stage 4 lung cancer - he and the oncologist are optimistic that the treatments will help, but she's so tiny and doesn't have much to fight with - she's only 60. Thanks.

OK, off to do some more work...have a good day, everyone. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 1/18/12 9:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 GM Ida - sucks that you are still not better.  Have you spoken with your doctor?  I am here fighting a mild cold.  While I am SORT OF accepting that it is a cold - it is not bad.  Some throat scratchyness, leaves me with that sexy scratchy vioice, and a lttle head congestion.  Again, not too bad.

I am at school.  Yesterday was a ****ty crappy day all around.  I had a VERY hard time with one of my 8th graders.  It is killing me that I can't get through to him.  We did very well the first 3-4 months of school, and now, it is like I can't even talk to him.  KILLS ME, and totally breaks my heart. I am sure it is something outside of school that is getting to him so that he can not function as I know he can in school.  We are so bogged down with paperwork and meetings that in the past two days, I couldn't even go to the bathroom.  I need to get hold of my doctor, the ONLY opportunity I had to call yesterday - because I went late to a meeting, and the doctor's office was at lunch.  From school I had to go directly to the therapist.  Then when I left there and called at 4:45 - they were gone for the day.  I can NOT believe that I can't even take care of myself.  I am going to the principal later to tell her what is happening.  It is not ok!  We are all VERY frustrated.  

Anyway - enough of that rant.  I am here - after school is Molly's therapist appt. and then hopefully to the market - I have not been in over three weeks - oops!  I am trying to have a positive attitude for the kids today.  Happy Thursday!
bvohl
on 1/18/12 9:58 pm
GOOD MORNING IDA AND PA!!!!!

Positive thoughts and healing go out to all who are sick or recuperating!!

Nicole, you are a strong woman and this too shall pass! I will try and message Jason with some encouragement!!

Today is wor****il 3:30 unless we have a staff meeting, which is always a possibility on Thursdays. Then home to pick up the child, grab a quick dinner, then off to brownies to pick up GS cookies to sell! Dee wants to sell 300 boxes, OY! Then home and right to bed!

I am going to post separately about some GREAT news!!!

Have a great day!!!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 1/18/12 11:13 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Ida and Pa.. hope everyone starts feeling better.  There is way too much illness and stress going on around here.  It's no different here.  I have the beginnings of a cold, too.  AND, Siehara is still doing stupid stuff... separate post...

Today has me contacting Kids Peace about Siehara, working Aetna, contacting the school to see if there is something going on there, and then going to work at Dress Barn. 

Neil came in last night after the incident, so he will be here when I go to work tonight... 

It's sad that my 13 year old needs a babysitter.. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 1/18/12 11:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hey honey - it is not sad - it is real life.  I too have issues with my 13 year old as you well know.  They are sometimes mature and amaze us - and then there are times the act, well, 13!  Some kids are ready to be left alone, some are not.  Josh was, Molly is not.  I have actually asked Molly to check with in Siehara just to say hi.  Maybe that will give her someone to chat with when she is home alone and feeling by herself.  There are many times I am not comfortable leaving Molly when I have things I need to do.  And then there are times I leave her a list and think that she is capable, and she is.  Everytime is different.

Keep being diligent and checking her.  She will move on and eventually you will be able to trust her.  You are doing everything right.  I am looking forward to hearing the latest in the, "Siehara chronicles."  Hey - maybe you should write a book?!?! :)

Love you!
Lisa H.
on 1/19/12 12:18 am - Whitehall, PA
 I'm sure Siehara would love to chat with Molly.  But, she would have to do it through my phone since I have disconnected hers.  

I'm ready to rip my hair out...........

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 1/19/12 1:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
 I don't know that Molly would, but do you still have a land line?  Molly could call on that if you are ok with it.  And don't pull the hair out - we lose so much of it...LOL!  Sorry, I was trying to find a funny.  I know how it feels to feel like there is no hope.  But, there always is - she is your daughter, you love her and therefore will continue to fight for what you know is right.  Maybe she needs to go to someone's house when you are working.  She needs supervision.  If you find someone who is mean and strict, maybe it will set her straight.  Just a thought.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views