Reminded Once Again

jastypes
on 1/16/12 11:01 pm - Croydon, PA
As most of you know, I developed alcoholism after gastric bypass surgery.  I co-lead a group on OH called Crossing To Transfer Addictions.  This is a very real, scary problem that leaves people feeling lonely and tormented.  Almost every single day someone new joins that group, although most people are shy about posting.  There is a lot of guilt and shame around this issue.  Whenever I have had the opportunity to speak at an AA or NA meeting, I meet more people who have either developed addictions after WLS or know someone who has. 

If you are experiencing a problem with alcohol, narcotics, sex, gambling, shopping, cutting, or any other addictive substance/behavior I've missed, please know you are not alone, and help is available. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/crossingtotransferaddiction s/discussion/

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

gymjory
on 1/20/12 3:01 am
Thanks for the post Jill. I really needed it today. As I posted once on the Crossing board, I am struggling with alcoholism which I feel started more due to chronic insomnia rather than more directly related to my RNY.. Did detox at 2 places, didn't stay for rehab at the first one due to a serious legal issue my dad had. Didn't stay at the second one BC I have NEVER experienced the disrespect I did there. In fact, It was so bad I walked at least 6 miles to get away in the POURING rain on a major highway. Not smart, I know.

I'll introduce myself on the PA board and looking to meet some new friends and support!

Jerrianne
jastypes
on 1/20/12 3:04 am - Croydon, PA
Hi, Jerrianne, and welcome.  Feel free to PM me any time if you need to talk.  I have also gotten a lot of support at sober24.com.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views