Monday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 1/8/12 7:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

I'm getting ready to head out the door, have to pack up the computer and stuff for school tonight.  Will work till 4 then to school hopefully will be an early evening.  New instructor seems to be of the opinion that we need time to work on our thesis projects so she believes in letting those that are in groups have time when she is done her lesson plan to work and discuss, and those of us that are solo heading home to work on ours or bounce ideas off her to incorprate into the project.  I do have a 10 min or less presentation due tonight on an article that I need to find that address either access to healthcare or something that discusses the imnpact to quality of healthcare so I'll be researching the internet this morning and throwing a PP together.

Got a lot of stuff done with the house yesterday as far as cleaning out cabinets and getting rid of expired and old stuff.  It is amazing when the kitchen is in partial use for a year and your not able to cook how much actually expires and needs to be thrown out.  I had not realized the impact this would have on expiration dates. 

Gene is running electrical stuff.  Yesterday I remembered that January 5th was 6 years since his WLS.  I can still remember him saying after the surgery that if it lasted a couple years he'd be happy, I mentioned that to him yesterday - he said he is really surprised and blessed that it still works...

Off to finish getting ready for work..Hope you all have a wonderful day....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 1/8/12 11:14 pm
GM Ida and PA!

I cannot believe it is Monday already?? Where did my three day weekend go?

I had a nice weekend, but boy did it go fast!!!

Today I am very excited because we are having our new front and storm door installed this morning. Of course there are small issues that need to be worked out, but I can't wait to see it!!

Work til 3:30 then chiro appt, then home to see new doors! I will take pics if it is not too dark and post them on FB!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 1/9/12 12:00 am - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Monday

Trying to start the week on a new foot.  I've had a protein shake for breakfast and taken all of my pills/vitamins.  

So far this morning, I have done some work for Aetna as usual.  I bought myself the Biggest Loser workout for the Xbox, so over lunch I am going to do the fitness test on there to assess what they feel I need to work on.  It even has a body analyzer and does measurements somehow through the kinect.  I'm going to measure myself afterward to see if I come up with the same numbers so I know it is accurate.  It's time I get back into the game and stop abusing myself with food and lack of exercise. 

As of now, I don't have to work at Dress Barn tonight, but I am on call to go in if they need me.  If I don't go in, I am going to go to the gym for either spin class or pilates.  I am not going to do Zumba tonight since I had the issues last week and recently with my sugar dropping.  With any of the classes I can go at my own pace, but if I am on a bike, I can pedal slower or stop while still sitting if I  need to.  Pilates will give me the stretch.  I guess I'll wait and see how the Biggest Loser thing works out before I decide which class I'll do.  

Today, I also implemented a chore chart, complete with a contract, for Siehara and I to do daily/weekly.  We reviewed it together and agreed on its fairness, and both signed it.  So, my job for the day is to empty the litter boxes.  Siehara does not have a weekly chore to do today, but does have daily stuff that she will need to do.  I told her that I will offer reminders in the beginning as we both get started and until it becomes second nature.  There is a checklist on the fridge that we both need to utilize all the time so we both know that our jobs are getting done.  This will give us both accountability for our own duties.  I really think this is going to help to cut down on the stress and the "you didn't leave me a list" that I get when I go off to work and things are not done around the house. 

Back to work for now, then off to do the Biggest Loser fitness test.  Hope everyone has a great day!

My tracker

hers 

Cherish F.
on 1/9/12 12:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Lisa -
I'd be curious to see your chore chart if you wouldn't mind sharing.
Although my Mom and I are "grown ups" I wonder if something similar would be beneficial to us as well. We both made a promise to do a little better with daily chores around the house.
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Lisa H.
on 1/9/12 1:00 am - Whitehall, PA
 Well sure thing Ms. Cherish... I made this chore description for us so we know EXACTLY what needs to be done for each chore.. you grown ups probably don't need this, but this is what I did.   I hope you can understand them since I copied from word and excel.  I can email them directly to you, if you want

CHORE DESCRIPTION:

LITTER BOXES: alternate days of scooping litter boxes

Once a week, empty and clean out litter boxes

KITCHEN:          clean counters, stove, top and inside of microwave, outside of fridge, dishwasher; windex window; sweep and mop floors; be sure drain and dishwasher are empty and things put away

VACUUM:          pick up all stray items from floor, including under tables

Vacuum living room, dining room, hallway to bathroom/bedrooms

BATHROOM:     clean inside and outside of toilet, sink, tub, empty trash, sweep and mop floors

DUST:                  dust all table tops, shelves, china closet; swiffer tv screen, windex glass table and sliding doors

LAUNDRY:        wash, dry, fold, hang and put away in proper place.

BEDROOM:        make sure everything is picked up off floor and in proper place, straighten bookcase, make sure all surfaces—ie. Dresser, nightstand, top of bookcase, top of sewing machine—are neat and organized, dust all surfaces, windex windows, vacuum

weekly chore chart

WEEK 1          

MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY  
SCOOP LITTER BOXES   SIEHARA MOM SIEHARA MOM SIEHARA MOM  
EMPTY LITTER BOXES MOM              
KITCHEN             SIEHARA  
VACUUM   MOM            
BATHROOM             MOM  
DUST   SIEHARA            
LAUNDRY     SIEHARA SIEHARA MOM MOM    
BEDROOM           SIEHARA    

WEEK 2          

MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY  
SCOOP LITTER BOXES   MOM SIEHARA MOM SIEHARA MOM SIEHARA  
EMPTY LITTER BOXES SIEHARA              
KITCHEN             MOM  
VACUUM   SIEHARA            
BATHROOM             SIEHARA  
DUST   MOM            
LAUNDRY     SIEHARA SIEHARA MOM MOM    
BEDROOM           SIEHARA    
    CHECK OFF AS COMPLETED          

daily chore chart
       DAILY TASKS          
  1/9 1/10 1/11 1/12 1/13 1/14 1/15    
  MON TUES WED THURS FRI SAT SUN    
MORNING MEDS (B)                  
MAKE BED (B)                  
FEED CATS (S)                  
HEALTHY BREAKFAST (B)                  
MAKE LUNCH (S)                  
SHOWER,HANG TOWEL  (B)                  
HYGIENE  (B)                  
AFTERNOON MEDS (S)                  
PROPERLY STORE SHOES,COAT  (B)                  
HOMEWORK (S)                  
WASH DISHES  (B)                  
CLEAN LIVING ROOM (S)                  
AS NEEDED ITEMS:                   
SWEEP KITCHEN  (B)                  
DIRTY CLOTHES IN BASKET  (B)                  
EMPTY GARBAGE (S)                  
EMPTY RECYCLING (S)                  
LOAD/UNLOAD DISHWASHER  (B)                  
GROOM CATS  (B)                  
WIPE DOWN INSIDE OF MICROWAVE AS NEEDED  (B)                  
  (B) = both              
  (S)= Siehara              
  initial items as completed.           

My tracker

hers 

Cherish F.
on 1/10/12 11:33 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks beautiful!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Patricia R.
on 1/9/12 9:10 am - Perry, MI
 As I posted on Facebook about an hour ago, I am home from the hospital  .My attending doctor did not et to the hospital to discharge me till after 2:00, and then it took several hours to get the paperwork processed.  

It's good to be home ater six nights in there.  I still get excruciating pain when I walk, and I am using a walker to get around with.  But, there is considerable improvement compared to the night I was admitted.  My leg got so bad because I have really bad circulation in my legs, and I am on Coumadin, which caused the injuries to bleed into large hematomas, and I developed a really bad case of Cellulitis.  I was on Iv antibiotics till this morning.

Now, I can use my laptop to post with.  The iPhone was great, bu the laptop is so much better.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views