Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 1/4/12 7:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA:

I got to sleep in a bit this morning have a doctor appt then heading into work.  Will work till 4ish then home to finish up homework that needs to be turned in tomorrow prior to 6pm.

I saw on facebook that it snowed in South Jersey last night a friend posted photos not much but enough to cover cars and parking lots....I have not looked outside here yet...

Have something going on with my eye this morning, it's half shut and swollen.

Hope you all have a wonderful day....

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 1/4/12 8:52 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning Ida and PA - Ida, the streets were covered when I got up this morning and I live in southern Delaware County - main roads were fine, tho. Just sort of surprised to see all that white stuff out there - don't recall the weather gurus mentioning it.

I'm at work but wasn't sure last night I would make it - about 8:00 my body just started to ache all over, and I was in bed by 8:45 - thought for sure I was coming down with something, but I slept well and feel much better this morning.

I think today I'll de-Christmas the office - tired of looking at the holiday stuff. Tonight I'll start doing some more around the house as well - forgot my boxes last night.

That's about it for me right now - saw my neighbor last night and he said his brother has been sick which is why he hasn't contacted me about the house, but they definitely want it, so I told him we'll hold tight until we hear from him. Not like people are lining up at the door to buy it, right?

Enjoy the day, folks - short weeks sometimes seem the longest - and this is one of those!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 1/4/12 9:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning ladies - and any gentlemen who decide to join us today.....I am sitting in my classroom.  It is finally warming up in here.  The last two days were absolutely unbearably cold in my classroom.  I did dress appropriately as I knew the heat had been off since December 23, however, my fingers were the only things, other than my face, that were not covered and therefore exceptionally cold!

Today is my Friday!  I am working today, leaving lesson plans for the Substitute for Friday and Monday, heading to Molly's appointment and then tonight, Larry and I, and two other couples are heading to Citizen's Bank Park to watch Villanova play hockey on the Winter Classi****!!!!!! So excited about it!  It is going to be a chilly night, but I am looking forward to a fun evening out!

Tomorrow, after a doctor's appointment to get some blood work done, I am headed to DC with my synagogue's 10th graders for them to learn about lobbying for topics that are important to the Reform Jewish movement.  This is my third year going and I can't really describe how amazing these kids are and how interactive the programming is.  These kids walk in there with no idea what lobbying means and what topics might interest them, and they leave Monday afternoon, after being on Capitol Hill with a sense of accomplishment and confidence that they were able to articulate about things that mean something to them.  I am so excited to watch another group of kids "find their voice"

That is my day - I will most likely be around tomorrow morning, however this weekend will be touch and go as Iw ill bein and out of programming.

Happy Friday....OOPS - I mean Thursday - everyone!!!! :)
bvohl
on 1/4/12 10:38 pm
GM Ida and PA!!

Today is my Friday!! We have off tomorrow for Three Kings Day. We have a HUGE Hispanic community here in Camden, so we have it off every year. I am SO looking forward to a day to myself tomorrow! Dee has school and hubby has work. A day to do stuff around the house, or not!

When I drove into SJ this morning there was a light dusting of snow on the ground. It was pretty and not too much of a nuisance....I brought in my space heater for my room since we are STILL without heat in most of the school!! Supposedly one of the teachers here called the union and left her name. Well, the union called the principal this morning about this and well, it is NOT going to be pretty for this teacher. Our principal is not fond of people doing things like this. Thank goodness it wasn't ME!! I know better than to contact the union, they really are not there for us! This is Camden and things are different here!?!? After almost 15 years in the district, I know just to keep my mouth shut and do my job!!

After work, I pick up Dee, do her homework, have a quick dinner, then off to brownies to find out about cookie sales! Yep, it's that time again! Where we get to freeze our butts off to sell GS cookies...

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

enasangels
on 1/4/12 10:41 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa. and Ida,
Ida hope you get whatever is wrong with your eye under control, and feeling better.
Kathy you have got to be excited that you have got interest in your house, my husband has had his business property up for sale for 2 1/2 years, and can't sell it even though it is on a main route with lots of traffic. (309 in Montgomery co)
Today finds me going to the court house which I thought I would get done yesterday, to get a copy of the deed to the house to get everything in order for the lawyer to draw up a will for me.  Then a little shopping trip to Walmart and Joann's. A trip to the Library will fit somewhere into my day as well.  I will be looking for some audio books so I can listen to them while I do projects around the house and some hand work as well.   Unpacking boxes in the afternoon will be a busy project for me, as I am trying to keep doing stuff to keep my mind from wondering.  Steffi I am right there with you about the hands being cold, as a matter of fact, I started crocheting hand warmers for myself to keep in my car, coat pocket, and in the livingroom.  My daughter liked them so much she had me make some for the kids school teachers as Holiday gifts, and they seemed to be a hit.  Have a good day all.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Sara E.
on 1/4/12 11:59 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA!
I am soooooo tired today.  One of my best freinds took me on an adventure yesterday.  She had me take 1/2 day vacation and bring lots of warm clothes.  She said the destination was a surprise and did not tell me where we were going.  She just said it was going to be cold & I would have a great time.  Turns out she took me to the PSU / Neumann Hockey game in Philly at the Citizen Bank Park.  OMG.....what fun!  This was my 1st hockey game ever and she is a huge hockey fan.  We both had so much fun, it was an awesome trip.  We didn't get home until after 3 am.  &  yup, we are both at work today.
As for today...I want to make it thru my workday, then I have a dentist appt for a temp. crown...then I will be sleeping....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views