Post Xmas Monday Roll Call

bvohl
on 12/25/11 5:11 pm
GM PA!!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas with their families!!

We enjoyed the day by going to the movies to see Chipwrecked....which was not too excruciating for me! Some of the kids movies just do not keep my attention!! Thank goodness for smartphones!

I am up at 4am, why? Don't know?? I went to bed around 10 last night and then just woke up. I am kind of hungry but I can't eat because I have to get some fasting bloodwork done. Oh joy! The place doesn't open until 7am! So here I am posting roll call....

Last night we went out for Chinese Food like all the other Jews in lower bucks county. Even Dee ate chicken and cashews( her fav)!! After dinner we came home, enjoyed some family time then she read because she WANTED to! She read beautifully!! I am so proud of her!!!!

Well, my computer keeps freezing on me, so what are you up to today??

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 12/25/11 9:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Beth and PA:

We had a nice time Christmas eve at Gene's sister's.  Yesterday we were able to go to church.  I miss Sunday's at church.  With Gene acting as the general contractor now and the majority of the work happening on the weekends we have been missing a lot of church these last 6 months of the year.

I have not seen my daughters this holiday, apparently it is too far for either of them to drive to Philly to see me.  If I dont' drive to Jersey they won't go out of their way to drive to Philly.  I made a decision when I suggested that we get together next Saturday and their reply was they are going to their uncles where their dad lives to spend time with that side of the family.  They also spent Christmas with their dad's side of the family.  When do they make time for their mom??????   Guess I'm really hurt by their response that they can't fit me into their holidays.  Usually my daughter has Christmas at her house with her father's entire side of the family, which Gene and I attend, this year she changed it to have it on Christmas Eve the same night we spend with Gene's family so we could not change our plans of the last 10 years to accomodate her change.  I figured they might come over to see me yesterday, instead they all went to their uncles house (which is where their dad lives) the same folks they spent Christmas Eve with.  So I've made a decision, I'm not running down to Jersey to see them, they need to make time for their mom to come see her.

The only person in my life that truely cares about me is Gene - I know he'd walk on water to see and spend time with me if he had to.  No river would keep him away from me, he proved that when we were dating all those years ago :-)

So much for me and my children sadness, I know I can vent to you guys.

Once Gene gets up I think we have to go to home depot or Lowes which seems to be our normal shopping thrills this holiday season LOL

I also have to get a ton of wash done - today is my last day of vacation, have to set the alarm tonight to be up for work tomorrow.  Not a bad week, 3 1/2 days of work this week.  Then off for 3 1/2 days.

HOpe you all have a safe warm day...for those of you venturing out to the stores be safe in those crazy crowds....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 12/26/11 1:01 am
Ida,

I am so sorry your daughters seem to not have time for you. After you are gone, they will know what they missed! My mom is still alive but is in a nursing home with Alzheimers. She is a shell of the woman she used to be and I miss having her as a person to go to when I needed advice. Whenever someone complains to me about their mom, I tell them about my mom and I think it makes them realize how lucky they are!!

If you want, you can adopt me as a daughter! You would have a really CUTE granddaughter and we live close by!! Gene is not the only one who cares about you!

Take care,

Love, Beth

IdaMae D.
on 12/26/11 9:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Beth!!!!!  Once the house is completed we can discuss your adoption :-)

Love....Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 12/26/11 9:34 pm
Sounds good!!

Lisa H.
on 12/26/11 12:24 am - Whitehall, PA
 Howdy all... 

Siehara and I spent yesterday doing some big cleaning in our respective bedrooms.   We also went out to dinner for yes, you guessed it, Chinese.  The place was very busy and they were NOT Jewish.. at least not the people I saw.    Went out last night with a friend for a bit and had a pretty nice time.   

Woke up this morning around 7ish and decided to put in a few hours for Aetna.  It is a company  holiday so that means that I get double time and a half for any hours worked.  I definitely need the money and since I'm home, it's no big deal. 

Siehara is still restricted to minimal activity based on the events of the past week.  Saturday while I was at work, I left her with a chore list and she did everything on it.  I was very proud of her and made sure she knew it.  Today will be the same thing.  There are a few things that I want her to get done today.  

Yesterday, we took a break from cleaning and watched an episode of Beyond Scared Straight.  Coincidentally, this episode focused on all teenaged girls.  There were 2 who were great for Siehara to see.  One of them was texting with older men and meeting up with some of them.. they played a message from one of them where he was threatening her.  The 2nd girl was stealing from her mom and other relatives.  Siehara was totally engrossed in the show and when we talked about it afterward, I made sure she realized that the show is real and that programs like that do exist.  I also told her that if she continued down the path she is, that I will find a program like that and make sure she participates in it.  I THINK/HOPE she got the point. 

Anyway, working Dress Barn tonight so I'm going to take a break from Aetna in a bit and rest up for the people coming in to either return gifts or take advantage of our after Christmas sales.  

Have a great day everyone!! 

My tracker

hers 

Talmani
on 12/26/11 3:15 am - Phoenixville, PA
Happy Holidays PA. I am looking forward to 2012! Last night was dinner with my in laws which was fine beside my mother-in-law asking me 100 times if I had enough to eat. I also brought a dish to pass - that I could eat - and she refused to pass it! Like I was going to eat the whole bowl by myself. I know she care but . . .

So today is my last day at home as I will go back to work tomorrow : ) I don't think anyone will notice the difference.

I love hearing the Chinese food stories! I am waiting for the day I will be ready for that.
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views