TGIF - Oh my, Santa is coming. . .

Laureen S.
on 12/22/11 6:21 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning my PA Friends,

I have been up for half an hour courtesy of Foxie Roxie, who went outside stood at the top of the stairs and turned tail into the house, the princess that she is, could not stand the idea of getting wet while doing her thing and sleep was over for me. . .  oh well, think I'm getting used to sleep deprivation, so all you new Mom's out there, I commiserate with you, only thing is my "baby" is a 98.6 lbs. Rottweiler.

This week has been the longest one of the year, perhaps it is just that between Thanksgiving and now it's been a flurry of activities that have worn me down and knowing that tomorrow I will get up and make the big trek to Long Island to my brother's house and then the return early Sunday morning to spend the day with my grandchildren and their parents, has had me feeling stressed.  But never mind, I am grateful to have the family I do to spend the holidays with and that I have the health to be there, the vehicle that will take me there and some days I need to remember that I have a really wonderful life.

So my plans today are to go to work, where I'm sure it will be quiet enough to get some end of month things going and then I'll probably play words with friends on my kindle and crochet a little to fill in the blanks, after work, my intention is to get my nails done, then home to chill with the 98.6 lbs. of lap dog I share my home with.  Oh and wrap and get presents all together for the ride to my brothers, which on the way I shall stop to see my sister from another mother, then my cousin, her husband and kids are going to the WTC Memorial to pay our respects to some people we knew who died there, then it's watch the big game between the Jets and Giants and head to my brothers house. . . 

So I am going to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, in case I don't get back on here before Monday. . .

May your day be full of good living and for anyone feeling less than festive at this time of year, I wish you peace, strength to make it across the bridge to happier times.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 12/22/11 8:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Laureen and PA!!!

Merry Christmas to you!!!

Today I have some running around to do.  I remembered I have a dr appt. Jan 6th which I need blood drawn for, I think I'll do that this morning.  Not sure if the lab will be open next Saturday and really don't want to go in late next week, I'd rather get out early each day since next week will be a very quiet slow week.

Also on the agenda for today is some running around, didn't make it to the post office yesterday so have to do that today, also a trip to Beauty land to pick up hair spray is still on that list and last night i added some more things to the list but can't remember what they were.  Hopefully Gene will remember and remind me this morning. 

I'm also planning to bake an apple and pumpkin pie today, most of the cookies are done, still have to finish the peanut butter if they get done fine if not oh well there's always next year....

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Talmani
on 12/22/11 10:03 pm - Phoenixville, PA
Happy Holidays everyone! I too will be running errands today. My husband and I are hosting Christmas Eve dinner this year and I am trying to pre cook everything that I can! I am still on puréed foods so this way I can control what food I have. Christmas day is at my in laws and I am hoping to be able to tote some leftovers to their house.

I am trying not to get too stressed. And be good with my eating.
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
steffihope
on 12/22/11 10:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Laureen and all of PA!  Merry Christmas to those that celebrate.  I hope your holiday is meaningful!

I am at school for the last day in this year.  This was a challenging first part of the school year and I am glad that it is coming to an end.  I am looking forward to recharging my batteries for the most busy part of the school year when we do even more fast paced work to get ready for the state test in the early spring.  

Anyway - yesterday I totally forgot that I had my therapist appointment.  There I was shopping at Target with a cart full of things and my alarm goes off on my phone.  I had ten minutes until my appointment.  OOPS!  So, I left the cart in the middle of the Christmas section and ran out of the store.  I was so proud of myself that I didn't get too worked up.  I called and left her a message that I was running out of Target and I would be a few minutes late.  I don't think I have ever done that.  It was quite entertaining! :)  So, I get there, we both giggled about it - and we both said that I NEVER do that.  As we were heading through the session, she had me fill out some sort of Anxiety worksheets.  She said the last time I did them was about a month ago.  I looked at her like she was obviously talking about someone else because I had NO recollection of ever filling out any forms like these.  But, no, she was talking about me.  She had the proof in front of her.  I was really shaken up.  I had no idea that I had done it before.  I was looking at it and was shocked that I didn't know what it was I was looking at.  I filled it out and lo and behold, I was in a much better place than I was back then.  It really had me upset.  I started to get choked up and questioned how I was able to get up and go to work every day - and how did I affect my own children and my students.  Her response was something along the lines of this just proves how strong I am.  I know that is the way I should see it - and I eventually will - but at the moment I am just worried about how my actions affected those that I love. Larry and I talked about it and he said that it was a difficult time.  But as always, he stood by me and helped me get through.

So - that was yesterday - I am moving forward.  Today is dreidel at school.  Tonight is Hanukkah dinner and services.  I actually heard my alarm clock go off this morning, I hit snooze a few times, but I did get up at a reasonable time.

Hope your Friday and Christmas Weekend is a wonderful one!
Laureen S.
on 12/23/11 12:09 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Steffi,

I read your post with wonder and joy, because I think you have turned the corner and are doing an amazing job of dealing with so much regarding the challenges you found yourself facing in 2011, so what I hope for, for you and your family, is that 2012 is a year filled with joyful living, which is not to say it will be easy, but that hopefully, the toughest of times is behind you.  Your therapist sounds wonderful and I'm so glad to see you emerging from what I know was a hellish time for you.  As for your family, while I am sure (having experienced some of it with my 2nd husband), it was tough on them, the strong bond of love showed up and you are blessed and stronger for it.

Hugs and good wishes to you as you continue to celebrate your festival of lights!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

PATT317
on 12/23/11 11:25 am - Feasterville-Trevose, PA
Right back at you Laureen!!!
Patt
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA