Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 12/21/11 8:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA

GM PA!!!

Wow I can't believe it is Thursday already!!!!!  Vacation is almost over, 4 days left, I head back to work Tuesday. 

Today I'm planning to finish baking cookies.  My son-in-laws cousin was supposed to bring his two little girls over today while he laid the tile floor, he just called his car won't start.  I was looking forward to baking cookies with the little ones, they are 6 and 4....

Other than baking I have to run out to the post office to get some stamps and to Beauty Land to pick up some hairspray....

Gene will be working on the house now that his class is done and he's finished reading and grading papers. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 12/21/11 8:51 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Ida and PA Friends - Enjoy your last few days of vacation, Ida - mine will be starting sometime this afternoon, and I'll be off until January 3rd - woo-hoo!! I am soooo ready for a vacation and some down time.

I am very upset today, tho - my wonderful neighbor, Janet, is going for a CT scan today - she's been sick for about 2 weeks with an upper respiratory infection, so they finally sent her for chest x-rays and they saw a mass in her left lung. Janet is a smoker, and has smoked for years - she's a tiny wisp of a thing - 105 lbs. on a good day - her weight has dropped to 92 lbs. Her husband stopped over the other week (he's the one with the brother interested in buying our house) - and talked a little about how thin she was getting and this nasty cough she's had for quite a while. When I got home last night there was a respiratory truck parked outside their house, so I e-mail their one daughter and she told me what was going on. I'm going to stop over tonight just to say hi since we're leaving tomorrow. I hope things come out okay - what scares me is that she is so bone thin that she has nothing to fight with. Please keep her in your prayers. thank you.

I will finish my packing and laundry tonight for the trip - the big truck is loaded and ready to go - my brother gushed over how well my nephew and his friend did loading it, so that was good.

It's going to be crazy busy for me the next few days - so if I don't get a chance to check in I want to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 12/21/11 9:26 pm - Whitehall, PA
 GM all... 

My day has not started out so well.  I got up early to get to work and get Siehara off to school per the norm.  First, I went in her room to get her up and her phone was on the floor.  So, of course I had to look at it.  Yup, she's sexting again.  Yup, same dude.... separate post so I don't kill roll call....

After Aetna work, we will be doing nothing tonight.  We were supposed to go to a Hanukkah pot luck, but that will NOT be happening now.  

So frustrated and scared for her........ 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 12/22/11 12:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Gm Ida and all of PA - I am sitting in my classroom trying to keep it together!  We just had a wonderful holiday concert and the same ******** that are always trouble were awful again.  And now, because I have them after lunch, they have to come sit in my room.  Which means that I CAN'T be here or else then I become the damned babysitter.  I am soooo hot right now, oh - and yesterday, a little **** 7th grader, the same one that stole from me, yesterday decided to draw a swastika on another child's arm and then drew one on someone else's text book.  I was so upset, I so want this kid out of the class that I teach.  There are three other 7th grade classes that I do not teach - the admin said they will not do it, that this is a teachable moment, and other bull****!!!!  I can't even tell you how hurt and angry I am.  I am trying my damndest to not let my emotions get the better of me. I am trying not to let this little person have the poewr of me, but it is hard.

Anyway, I am at school today, so NOT teaching the 8th grades dreidel like I had hoped, I am NOT giving them anything today. Tonight we are all home again, and Larry did NOT make the latkes last night, so hopefully he will do it tonight.

That is all - I am going to try to get myself together and calm down.
bvohl
on 12/22/11 12:20 am
GM Ida and PA!!

OMG! I feel like I haven't posted in a week or more....oh wait, I HAVEN'T!?!?!

Yesterday was my concert day.....it was one of the weirdest, strangest and most stressful days of my teaching career! I posted about this yesterday on FB, but I feel the need to post again here. There were alot of other things going on behind the scenes that I could not post on FB!!

Let's see, the day began with a lockdown drill, then I had three kids come to me with broken recorders, many kids with broken reeds, another kid with a broken mouthpiece, a late start to the program, not enough seats in the auditorium, then the fire alarm going off right near the end of the show when my drummers were playing.  While we were outside and the fire department came it started to rain!! I had NOTHING with me! So I got wet....in between all this CRAP, there were people putting in their two cents about how things should be done. HELLO??? Do they think I am a new teacher?? I have been a teacher for 15 years and a musician for over 25 years, like I don't know what the hell I am doing!!!!!  These people have NO idea what is takes to organize and plan a concert program. Then I am having this on going issue with one of my coworkers who by the way is my department chairperson. She is a MISERABLE person and I really wish she would retire!! Hopefully my wish will come true soon, she is OLD?!?! OOPS, Did I say that out loud?? LOL!!! I know you guys won't tell!!!! There is a BIG lack of communication in our department and it is really irritating! The afternoon concert went much better, still crazy, but better. I was expecting the principal to come and address the parents but he never did, I heard some of the parents were not happy about that! I don't blame them!!!

Last night, I came home, got into my jammies and was in bed by 8pm. Of course I kept hearing those voices in my head of the other people who think they know what they are doing. I feel like telling them they can be in charge of it next time!!!

I woke up this morning and everything HURT!  I SOOOO wanted to stay in bed!! But, alas I am here. Tomorrow is a half day and I will have Dee with me since she doesn't have school, lucky her?!?!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views