Tired Tuesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 12/19/11 1:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 I am sure it is going to be tired - as here it is, 12:23 AM and I am still awake....oops!  I went shopping tonight and met up with my dear Maura and we shopped and shopped - I am pretty sure her arms were elongated after all the bags she was carrying!  I got home about an hour ago and realized that I had not yet wrapped a thing, and guess when Hanukkah starts....TONIGHT!!!!!  So, I got home, had to wrap at the least, one gift per child and then had to put everything else away.  Just finished doing the wrapping and then realized that some of the kids teachers they will only see tomorrow and had to get those ready.  They are already wrapped as I bought them from a fabulous artisan's shop in Glenside, PA.  They wrapped them for me, I just had to get the notecards out to get ready for the kids to sign in the morning.

I wll hopefully be getting up on time in the morning, as this morning, I totally over slept.  Heading in to school.  There will possibly be some drama with the 8th graders, as we have a grade group meeting first thing and some of the kids are in real ho****er based on throwing a broken crystal prism at the language arts teacher on Friday.  Still ongoing investigations happening.  Should be an interesting end to the first part of the school year.

Anyway - school, meeting, teaching, home for a quick hour or so, then off to Synagogue to teach the upper grades.  Larry, the kids and I are going to meet at the synagogue for a quick set of Hanukkah prayers, give the kids their first nights presents and then Larry, Josh and Emily will leave and Molly and I will stay for evening classes. I am so looking forward to tomorrow night.  President Obama spoke just this last week at the Reform Movement's Biennial program.  (The Reform movement is one of three main sects in Judaism along with Conservative and Orthodox.)  His speech was amazing and moving and funny and important.  I got to see it on You Tube.  It is on my wall on FB if anyone is interested in hearing his words.  We are showing it to our 7th-10th grade students tomorrow night and will then have conversations about what they heard and what they thought of the whole thing.  I am especially excited as I am taking my 10th graders to DC in January to The RAC, which is the Reform Movement's political mouthpiece.  The RAC was talked about in the president's speech and I can't wait to take these kids there knowing that their words that they will write and bring to Capitol Hill, will reach the important ears of our politicians!

Anyway - that is my day tomorrow - and I am guessing, based on the time of the evening now, I will come home from synagogue and completely collapse tomorrow!  Good night for now, and good morning to all who venture over!

Have a Happy Tuesday!
enasangels
on 12/19/11 7:15 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa. & Steffi,
Steffi I am right there with you in the sleep deprived zone.  Can't sleep, or when I get to sleep, can't stay asleep.  The domestic drama is killing me. Wishing you and all my other Jewish friends a Happy Hanukkah.  A broken crystal prism are you kidding.  Can 't wait to hear about that either.
Yesterday was a great day, finished all my Christmas shopping.  My daughter wrapped all the stuff for the kids, and the rest were gift cards.  My son in law is the worst, he wanted to give the kitten the gift I bought for her right away, so we now have the cat tree in the living room, trying to keep the kids off of it so the cat can enjoy it. (the 9 and 6 year old are ok,but the two year old thinks the tunnel is for her).
Waiting to hear from the lawyer and the accountant.  The accountant is supposed to mail me copies of my income tax returns for the years the IRS is doing the audit for, and it has been over two weeks and still have not seen them.  Guess I will have to call them both which I dread.  I will be so glad when the divorce is over so my stomach can finally settle down.  I am losing hair again, and know that I am not getting enough protein, I need to start drinking shakes again to keep everything where it should be. 
So my day will consist of requesting copies of my credit report which the lawyer wants to make sure he did not sign my name to any credit cards for his failing business, and calling the lawyer,
and prodding the accountant so I can get this ball rolling.
Then some R&R time at the local Humane Society to help socialize some of the animals by brushing them or playing with them, one of things I am not happy about is the loss of my critters.
(he's keeping the dog and the cat) so this is good therapy for them as well as me. (mostly me)
other than that nothing else going on.  Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Patricia R.
on 12/19/11 8:04 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Steffi,
I hope things get better with the students and that teacher.  That's a shame when you can't identify who did what.

I plan on getting to a meeting, then to the credit union near N.E. Airport.  then, home to finish the bedspread that I am starting to panic about.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Huggles,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/19/11 10:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hi Trish;
Do you go to PFCU?  If so Gene and I also go to that credit union as well....

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/20/11 12:37 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Ida,
Sean's account is with Freedom Credit Union on Drummond Rd.  I used to have an account there, but had to close it when I declared bankruptcy.  Besides, now that I am not teaching in Philly, it is inconvenient for regular banking, since I live in Bristol.  Sean and I had a joint account when he left for college, and I occassionally give him money by depositing it in his account.  I gave him part of his Christmas present, so he could come home for Christmas from Pittsburgh.  Gas and tolls aren't cheap these days.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/20/11 4:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
I didn't realize there was another credit union back there.  I always get lost trying to find PFCU.  We bank there since Gene is a city employee and he does most of the banking - he doesn't get lost LOL.

Enjoy having your son home for Christmas!!!!

Hugs,
Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 12/19/11 8:52 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - and Happy Hanukkah to all of our Jewish friends out here. If I never told you before I am in awe of the faith you all have, and how involved you are in not only your religion but how connected you are to your friends and community.

I'm at work - tired as well, but it's a good tired. Last night I packed 5 more boxes and am finally starting to see where I'm making a dent (albiet a SMALL one, but a dent nonetheless) in things. Tonight I'm picking my brother up at the airport - not sure I'll do any packing tonight - will probably just start moving some things out of the bedrooms and getting them organized for the guys to pack the truck tomorrow.

I'm so excited to be heading south to spend the holidays with my siblings - it's been a long time since we've all spent a holiday together - more than 10 years. One of us was always missing from the fold but now we'll all be together again. My brother sent us a short 'poem' about all of us being together and signed it from our parents. I know they're smiling down from Heaven knowing that we'll all be together soon.

And that's about it for me today...no stressing over the holidays (which ever ones you celebrate) - take time to relax and enjoy friends, family and festivities.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 12/19/11 9:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Steffi, PA Friends,

To all the members of the "Jew Crew" (I mean that in the nicest of ways), I wish you all the very best Hanukkah ever!!!

Think I finished my shopping last night at Khols and even bought myself a thing or two, but I had a 30% off coupon, so I don't think I spent more than $50 on myself. 

Anyway, all is well here, I never did decorate my house, as the painting job is mostly done, however, the trim and some touch up is necessary and so I opted out of decorating this year and no one is really going to be at my house to enjoy the decorations anyway.  I've been decorating myself the past couple of days wearing my Santa hat, which gets people smiling and that is a nice benefit of it, had a little girl about 9 or 10 come up to me last night to ask where I got my hat, to which I had to reply, not sure sweetie, got it a long time ago. . .  I really am not sure, but I think this is the hat my friend Anthony gave me when I lived in New York and used to do the Christmas day mission volunteer for the seniors.  Anyway, feeling good and looking forward to seeing my family members this weekend.

Hugs and good wishes to all, special prayers and vibes going out to all in need of an extra helping of peace and strength at this time.

Hoping to see some of you tomorrow at Barix.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 12/19/11 10:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Steffi & PA;

Being home on "vaca" is nice, today slept in till 8:15 - woo-hoo....it was a bit late due to one son-in-law working on the house during the week with Gene.  He's out of work right now so he's coming over with Gene during the week and with the other son-in-law on the weekends.  (this son-in-law is adopted as he is our actual son-in-laws cousin). 
Today I once Gene is up and awake - he stays up to all these crazy hours of the early morning working on electrical stuff.....fortunately he can do the wiring that needs to be completed...I know I will be heading out to WaWa to get the thermos' filled for them as soon as Gene is up and moving.

Today I'm also heading down to South Philly to Chickie and Petes to meet a couple of my co-workers for lunch - we didn't get to have our annual Christmas lunch due to me taking this week off so I said I'm not really doing much other than trying to rest this week of course I'll drive down to have lunch...

After lunch I have the butter out softening so I can make the Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter cookies.  I can't make the German cookies this year because of all my cookie making stuff being out in the shed, these cookies require special rolling pin etc.  At least we'll have the staples of Christmas cookies.  I also need to get a couple apple pies and pumpkin pies made and baked that is later in the week.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today...
Ida

IdaMae

IdaMae D.
on 12/19/11 10:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Happy Hanukkah

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views