Sunday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 12/17/11 8:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA;

First two days of vaca up early so the guys can work on the house.....for every step we take forward, there seems to be 100 steps backwards due to finding major flaws in the original contractors work. 
So glad we have a lawyer and have an awesome camera to document all this as we go along, like the old saying goes a pictures says a thousand words....

Yesterday was a nice day spent with my daughter.  Her PCP said she will support her if she decides to have WLS, but then used all the scare tactics of the surgery.  The biggest one being that if she decides to have RNY she will never be able to have children.  Boy did I speak up at that point and tell her that her information is totally inaccurate.  She was pushing lapband, and as I pointed out it can be successful, I know folks who have done wonderful with that, however, there are many folks that it does not work on, she also tried to tell my daughter that if she had RNY that in a few years after the surgery she would need a liver transplant because of fatty liver disease, I again stepped in and challenged her on that based on my own medical history, I had high liver enzymes prior to surgery, the weight loss has brought that down, prior to surgery they were getting ready to put me on the transplant list for liver, 2 yrs later I no longer have that risk.  She told me she did her dissertation on WLS, I suggested she might want to do more research because whoever accepted her dissertation did not know anything about WLS and asked if she wanted my PCP's information so she could get the correct information regarding WLS so she could stop mis-informing her patients.

My daughter does have to work on weight loss so she can document this.  Her PCP has never worked on that with her and there is no documentation, so just in case Jenn decides she wants to go the route of WLS she is going to start documenting what she is currently doing if she looses and how long it stays off and if it stays off.

Today, the guys will be working on the house for maybe a half day - this is the last weekend prior to Christmas so my son-in-law wants to go Christmas shopping.  I was teasing him, I told him he spoils my daughter enough she doesn't need any Christmas presents  - he laughed at me....

I also have to write my paper today and email to my instructor.  Today is the day I want to submit so I have to buckle down and just do it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 12/17/11 10:53 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
Wow, your daughter's PCP is clueless about RNY.  I just realized that I never spoke with my PCP about WLS, prior to it.  I just did my own research and had the surgery on my own.  My younger son kept telling me the risks, and I knew that was his fear talking.  I assured him that I would be okay.  That's why I called all my kids as soon as I got to my room after my surgery.  

Well, today I have to get to my AA meeting, and also watch some football.  Also, I must work on Isabel's bedspread and get that done.  I have a week to fini****  

Huggles,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 12/17/11 11:48 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. Getting ready to start packing again now that everyone is up and moving. Didn't want to bang around and make lots of noise before that.

Today is more packing then making dinner for a gang coming later. I think once we get stuff out if the house maybe it'll look like I've made a dent in things.

Ida I'm so glad you were with your daughter and could speak to RNY.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 12/18/11 1:19 am - Whitehall, PA
 GM everyone.. have a mostly relaxing day ahead.   Had a fabulous weekend with Neil and his family and then Neil, Siehara and my some of my OH peeps.  

Neil and I are going to go out and do some Hanukkah shopping for Siehara.  She was supposed to spend the day with her brother again, but she is coming down with a cold and decided she'd rather stay home and rest.   

Tonight, I am going to go to the yoga class while Neil stays here with Siehara.

That's it for us! 

My tracker

hers 

Decolady
on 12/18/11 3:34 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
We are having a great day as well, met my two stepkids and their families for brunch, just got back from stopping in at an old friend's open house, and I am going out for dinner and shopping with a friend later.  My hubby is doing extremely well after less than 2 weeks out from surgery, he is doing better than I did!  No issues and no complications so far, he is getting his water and vitamins in and eating well.

Hope everyone is enjoying the season!

Peace,

Deb 
Talmani
on 12/18/11 4:57 am - Phoenixville, PA
Good afternoon - I have been more of a roll call lurker but wanted to say hello. I have a pretty bad bout of nausea last night. Lucky it was my first. I feel back to full liquids today - still getting used to my new tool.

It is so motivating to hear your stories. I have hit a small stall - and this is the point where in another diet I would have given up - and need to see all the success I can.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views