Hello neighbors, day 1 pre-op diet

kwiegs3856
on 12/18/11 7:36 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
   I see alot of folks are Barix people, I went there first last year but got shot down because
of my PFT testing. ( Asthma issues).   I am now finally having my surgery on Jan 5th at HUP.
   I'm pleased with the way they run their program, but the travel time back and forth from
my home in Bucks County is a pain.   Other WLS patients are welcome there for post-op meetings
right?  That would be better for me than traveling to HUP all the time.

IdaMae D.
on 12/18/11 10:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hello:

I also had my surgery elsewhere due to health issues and needing to be in a "full hospital" setting for my surgey.  I have been attending Barix support groups meetings for many years both pre-op and post -op.  Barix is welcoming to all who need support.  
Currently I am so bogged down with school and things that I never seem to be able to make the time to get there, however, I have met so many wonderful folks through the support meetings that I know when I need to reach out they are there for me.

Enjoy the support when you head out to the meetings....

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 12/18/11 11:13 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
You are most welcome to attend the support groups at Barix and I hope to meet you there.  We only ask that when it comes to what your surgeon tells you, you do things according to his/her schedule, as each surgeon (facility) has a slightly different set of parameters for their patients.  Sounds like the New Year has you looking towards a totally new way of living!  Best wishes and good luck, hope to meet you at a support group meeting soon.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

kwiegs3856
on 12/19/11 8:42 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
    Thanks, and I'm hoping to be feeling up to attending in Febuary.  I understand about the differences in
doctors diet plans, they all have their own way of thinking!  I'm mostly interested in getting together with
others for support through this journey, my family won't be able to relate to me with weight loss issues.

Laureen S.
on 12/19/11 9:36 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Very smart decision and I look forward to seeing you at support soon.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views